87 Crx Si Questions(Noob Questions)

• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 95 civic lx ...soon getting 87 crx si
So I'm getting an 87 crx si soon from a coworker .its basically mine.just saving the money to get it.
Getting it for 1k and there's nothing wrong with it except some axle problem.but the owner is fixing it and smogging it before selling it to me.

I've been reading how to get power from my d15a3 and every answer is to just swap it.now I'm not that mechanically inclined so the thought of swapping an engine and transmition kinda overwhelms me.

I'm wondering if there is any way to get power from my stock engine.ive read stuff about headers,something about getting a larger throttle body,and air intake..but that's about it.

If anyone can give me more info or a link I'd love to read more about beefing up my stock engine.i think it'd be cool to have a stock crx with a bit of power.

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Bump?

Vicious

The stock engine is pippy for the chassis. Some good head work, cam, basic bolt ons = a lot of fun in these little cars.

If you're looking for a header just let me know I gots them ;)

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
What kind of head work? And what kind of cam? Do they even make bolt ons for the 1g crx?

How much for the header? And how do I know you won't rip me off?

Vicious

Basic port and polish would be good on the head. As for a cam you can just get a regrind from grude or delta for around 150.

As for bolt ons they WERE made but they're hard to find now. Remember this is one of the cars that started the import scene in the us so theyre isn't much but they're all quality parts from good companies like Jackson, lightspeed, Mugen, etc.

As for me ripping you off you might want to look around the site before you make assumptions. I've been here awhile and contribute to the site a lot. I've sold a lot of parts at what I feel is fair market value for what I'm selling. If I have had an unsatisfied member buy something from me they've never told me or made it an issue.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
By a regrind you mean send them mine and they regrind it? Or I buy an already regrinded one? I'm not clear in that..maybe you can provide a link or something?..ive seen performance camshafts and cam gears..are the gears what your talking about?as for the ripping off stuff..I didn't mean that as an insult..sorry about that.

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I've looked on andysautosport ..are they trustworthy?

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si
How come your avatar says, "soon getting 89 crx si"?

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I thought it was an 89 instead of an 87.

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I mean..is anyone gonna answer my questions? Is this forum that dead now or what? People keep telling me you guys are the 1g experts.but all the posts I see are from years ago.

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx

Without the exact year and model of the car, we can only give you bad information. The difference between a 87 and 88 is engine, transmission, front and rear suspension, very different, Dave

Mark L

I mean..is anyone gonna answer my questions? Is this forum that dead now or what? People keep telling me you guys are the 1g experts.but all the posts I see are from  years ago.

Before you think about modifying your 25 year old car, you might want to run a compression, a vacuum check at idle and read your plugs to see where you stand.

Those old posts are still valid.   

1989 Integra RS
1991 Civic RT4WD
1994 Integra
icerace.com

Vicious

To answer a few of your questions:

Is the forum dead?
-No but it is slower than others

Is anyone going to answer your questions?
-Chances are no because the the questions you're asking have been covered time and time again that's why we have the search feature ;)

As for the regrind question:
-yes you send a core and they regrind or you can pay more and get an already ground cam keep your core

Andy's:
They have stuff but I'd call to verify they have it in stock they don't update their site often from what I've been told.

To get people on here to respond you have to meet us half way with information. What are your performance goals, daily driver or weekend racer, what's your budget.

This seems like this is your first car and are eager to work on it but you cant just expect us to spoon feed you all the info we have by just asking what can I do with the stock engine that's too open. There's a wealth of knowledge here in its members but a lot of it is already well documented in those threads that are years old. Remember that's even though they're yrs old they're pretty accurate since the engines havent changed in they're 20+yrs

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well for the first guy..if you read my first post I put the year an model of my car..not my fault you didn't read it :) but ill say it again.its an 87 crx si.d15a3 engine.cant get much clearer than that.

It is gonna be my dd but I have a civic I can use while my crx is being worked on.my power goals..not much.maybe like 120.my budget..I can save up to. 1k every two to three months so my budget is fair.peobably want to spend 2500 at the most.

An yes I am very eager to work on it..and about the searching..I've read so much threads that my girlfriend wants to throw my pc out the window..lol I've been reading nonstop for about a week.i know that's not long but I'm very thorough.plus no one ever answers the question of what can be done to the stock motor to increase hp..everyone just says swap and the op gives in and swaps..seems like no one wants to take on building up the stock motor

Donttrip831

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Geez re reading my posts..I come off as a dick..lol
Sorry about that.dont mean to be dickish...