Devac Advice

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

Old School

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic hatchback (d13a2)
first off, i would like to thank all the innovative minds that have made this website awesome. thanks for the time spent your your cars and on this website. years ago i frequented honda-tech, honda-swap, and im sure im forgetting some. there was good info there, but a lot more egos and opinions.

im not new to the scene. had a 90 hatch with a b18a swap in highschool, a 90 4 speed hatch in the army, a 91 si d16a6 hatch when i got out of the army, and now i have just bought an 87 hatch d13a2 from my mom. for $500... running... THANKS MOM ;) anyhow, this is my first carbed vehicle. as soon as i got it i started reading everything i could find on this car. the var runs pretty good having been in the hands of several MORONS trying to fix stuff that was way above their feeble skill levels. it has a SEVERE vacuum leak. if i pump the brakes twice, its liable to stall. so when i use them, i apply constant pressure and it seems to be a way of coping with my problem. the a/c is a killer too. but only when you press in the a/c button. i can turn the fan on full blast and it drains power, but still runs. * i guess it might help if i had a battery / mine is overkilled* someone also attempted a half-assed devac. the car is running very rich( i know these motors run rich)
it seems like a have a severe loss of power. not sure if its due to running so rich, vacuum leak.... ect. but i believe if i devac, it will fix most of my issues. the devac write up is kinda vague... 5 different people running 5 different devac setups. Bubba's was the one that interested me the most, but(no offense bro) was the WORST diagram ever. but i like his thinking.

MY GOAL IS TO GET MAX MPG. i also want to retain my a/c. i will be taking an insane amount of pics, that way if this turns out to be a disaster, i can always put it back the way i KNOW it runs. i guess basically im asking for someone to make me a list like off the devac write up(and the A,B,C 1,2,3 labeled diagram(s)) of what to plug, what to splice, where to hook it up, what supplies i need(like hoses/lenght, already got the caps and t-fittings), ect. i have read forums, but like i said, too differences. i could care less about eliminating hoses, and canisters, and vacuum boxes... unless it helps. i just want 53mpg :)

Old School

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic hatchback (d13a2)
sorry for the horrible grammar, my P.O.S android... its hard just to get short messages correct

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=36398

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image