Anyone Using A Rivergate Racing Prepared Carb

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

Dc2Wpr

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX HF, 1995 Acura Integra
I bought a 85 crx race car last year with blown engine, car was being run in Honda challenge H5. Previous owner had only bought car a year before he blew it up and did not know much about it, Fortunately I got skit off paper work with car. It is running a SI block and head with A modified stock intake manifold and a Rivergate racing prepped carb. It has a inline electro fuel pump supplying fuel. Not sure of any headwork that had been done, I did find a JG engine dynamics cam box throwed inn with a bunch of spare parts that came with car. I was wondering if anyone else here was running this carb with a similar setup.
I have been messing with Hondas for a long time, but these engine are new to me. I have alot off questions, so any advice on setup would be great. A spare bottom end come with car, it is currently at shop getting rebuilt. I just went with the stock rods and pistons, stock bore unless they tell me it needs to be bored. I am spending the money to balance the whole bottom end, it was Recommended by shop.

Dc2Wpr

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX HF, 1995 Acura Integra
Is the balancing a good idea for a engine that will only see track time? On stock internals what Should be max rpm? Any idea on the power this setup will make? I forgot to mention car used to be a Itc car before H5.

Ed Funk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITB CRX, HP CRX, Del Sol, BMW 325is, Ford F250,"bug eye" Sprite, Mustang 5.0, Rav 4, BMW 1100RT, BMW 650CS
Have used a Rivergate carb, using a 32/36 now that is properly oriented. Getting a bit more HP with the Weber. With a decent IT build we're getting 85 at the wheels on a dynojet. That's 40 overbore, balanced, port matched, header, stock cam. Get 96 with the ITB car on the same dyno. Happy with the C, not so much with the Si.

Balance is more important on the track than the street. High RPMs will tear an unbalanced motor apart.
We use 7000 as redline on both cars.
Former driver, current pit bimbo.