Here's A Tool I've Known About For Years.....

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage

Edelbrock Uni-Syn Multiple Carb Balancing System

3254025_L.jpg

I've noticed a lot of posts saying it's a great pain to synch in dual Webbers/single Mikunis.

Has anybody heard of this tool?  It's used to measure airflow of carbs to synch your 3 Stromberg 94's and such.

If you have more than one carb on your hot rod, you need one of these "Uni-Syn" carb synchronizing tools. Just set on the top of your carb and adjust until all the carbs in your tri-power three deuce set-up read the same. 

Works well on small one barrel and two barrel carbs (downdraft or side-draft). Fits carb necks from 1-3/8" up to 3".

$25 from Speedway Motors.

http://www.speedwaym...g-Tool,267.html

Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage

Cool! I like the idea of a wide band sensor on each exhaust header, tune accordingly.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage

Cool! I like the idea of a wide band sensor on each exhaust header, tune accordingly.

That would take care of the air fuel ratio (tune).

This tool would be used to get all the air flow the same.

Jeff

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have never see that one that you have show however, a good syncrometer is a must. I have a STE syncro and it's nice because you can stick it in the carb and its hands free while you tune.

Also eurocarb has a carbtune that has 4 tubes that and you can read all the vacuum at once : http://www.dellorto....artsectionID=17

The throttle linkage screws it up the most, I have a synctec link and do not like it at all. so I'm going to try a weber under mount with two adjustable throttle push rods.

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si
Carbs, I stay away from those things.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Pretty cool..... to use this tool though it has to set vertically? So side draft carbs you would just need and elbow tube of some sorts for this to sit on? Wouldn't mind some day doing a carbed motor. Ironically though in my earlier days of wrenching I was always afraid of fuel injection, but now that I know fuel injection I fear the carb!  :lol: I think what it boils down to is trouble shooting which takes tons of knowledge and time but with FI most of the time the ECU tells you whats wrong or at least where to look.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery

IMO...worthless, never did us any good in the two years we tried to get the hang of it.  We had better luck with a piece of tubing put up to our ear and listening to the draw in each of the intake tracts...

Kirk

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I wish I was as hard core as Kirk.

Vicious

Me dos *we're not worthy, not worthy" lol

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si

Pretty cool..... to use this tool though it has to set vertically? So side draft carbs you would just need and elbow tube of some sorts for this to sit on?

Don't know about this specific balancer, but others that I've seen pivot at the base of the sight glass for use on sidedrafts.