1g Front Conversion

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

XenoVibe

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Okay, so I checked FAQ and search for old posts but only found inverse-to-non inverse and 1G to 2G headlight conversion.

Lets say I have a 2G CRX and I want 1G non-inverted headlights, would I have to use the radiator core support from the 1G CRX or could I just use the old brackets / make new ones? Would the radiator core support even fit?

I find the 2G OEM headlights very bland and I'm looking for something else. Are there any other direct fit options? Perhaps other nice looking lights apart from ITR headlights that look nice? All helpful input appreciated.

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (XenoVibe @ May 5 2011, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, so I checked FAQ and search for old posts but only found inverse-to-non inverse and 1G to 2G headlight conversion.

Lets say I have a 2G CRX and I want 1G non-inverted headlights, would I have to use the radiator core support from the 1G CRX or could I just use the old brackets / make new ones? Would the radiator core support even fit?

I find the 2G OEM headlights very bland and I'm looking for something else. Are there any other direct fit options? Perhaps other nice looking lights apart from ITR headlights that look nice? All helpful input appreciated.

Can't say I'd care to try swapping in gen 1 lights. Pull your current ones out and look at how they are put together.

There are nice looking aftermarket ones. I like the ones that came with my gen 2. You do have to play with them to get alignment right, and get the side lights to look correct.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
ok when you say inverse im assuming you mean recessed, as in the sealed beam units.

and the only person i know of that has swapped 2g crx lights to 1g, used buckets of fiberglass and bondo and it looked like ass.

you said "lets say i have a 2g" well do you ? or do you have a 1g? what do you really want? LOL
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
like Anjin said - theres plenty of projector style headlights for the gen2 crx on ebay - direct fit - try those.

I agree - swapping gen1 lights into a gen2 looks ugly! don't do it!
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi