Bike Carbs Done! Very Happy.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Mugen Mooncraft B-16 turbo.
Details on http://www.neptunesl...rg/?page_id=103. Summers coming!!!! Later guys. Check out CARPUTA. One of my uncle Mike's nicknames is NASA. Smart dude.

Edited by Shinobi's_Underwear, 09 March 2006 - 10:24 PM.

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
ill admit it, the first thing i did was look on ebay for a good set of carbs. id be much more entertained with a bike carb'd d16 then straight fuel injection.

can you give us more details.

what fuel delivery system, throttle connection, vaccum for the booster and fuel pump?

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Richard @ Mar 7 2006, 08:46 PM)
ill admit it, the first thing i did was look on ebay for a good set of carbs. id be much more entertained with a bike carb'd d16 then straight fuel injection.

can you give us more details.

what fuel delivery system, throttle connection, vaccum for the booster and fuel pump?

The carbs are CBR 600F2i. If you use a throttle cable from a 88-91 civic DX (very long) it will adapt right in to those carbs. You have to file the barrel at the end of cable down on both sides just a bit so they dont hang up on the float bowls. Fuel delivery is pulling through the stock fuel pump with a 4 psi pump. Use a vented gas cap or you will be spitting fuel on a hot day. I like the feel of Honda brakes with no vacuum. If you want a vacuum signal, use bolt in valve stems for custom wheels in your old injector holes and build a manifold to suit your needs. Dont forget to take the valve cores out!!!

Edited by Shinobi's_Underwear, 09 March 2006 - 11:29 PM.

crazi-85crx

you're the f*ckin' man! i love what you did with the dizzy vac lines.

do you have any idea of the torque it puts out?

but isn't your fuel line on the wrong nipple? shouldn't it be on the one closest to the driver's side???

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 09:03 PM)
you're the f*ckin' man! i love what you did with the dizzy vac lines.

do you have any idea of the torque it puts out?

but isn't your fuel line on the wrong nipple? shouldn't it be on the one closest to the driver's side???

I'll do a dyno test next month for everyone, other than that I couldnt quess, to be honest. I'm running fuel off the pressure side (for my year, this used to be an Si) The return is the one plugged off. I thought about drawing fuel from the return, but was unsure how far it made it to the bottom of the fuel tank.

crazi-85crx

i'll be hooking some 38mm Mikuni's up to my D16A1 head soon, so i'll have to try that fuel line and valve stem idea. i only wish i could have that Houseman kit too.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 09:28 PM)
i'll be hooking some 38mm Mikuni's up to my D16A1 head soon, so i'll have to try that fuel line and valve stem idea. i only wish i could have that Houseman kit too.

Remember to also pick up rubber kits for your carbs. I grabbed my carbs out of a bike bone yard for $45 with the air box. CBRf2's are old, and so are the carbs. Clean them well, reseal em' and have fun. There are some technical issues with wacking off the intake manifold (the little water line on the end of the intake) Drill it out, tap it, and use a small pipe or NPT plug. And yes, Jamie Houseman is the man. Personal hero of mine.

crazi-85crx

thanks for the advice. have you had any issues with jetting?

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 09:43 PM)
thanks for the advice. have you had any issues with jetting?

Leave the stock jetting and mixture settings. If you are stock (internals) turn the mixture screws in about 1 half turn each (if they were doing well on the bike before it died). The hard part is the final tune. It would be kinda fun having to take your car to a motorcycle shop to finish everything off if you need it, I didnt. Read your spark plugs for color and go from there. Too dark on a hole, go quarter turn in, in increments. Too light, quarter out. Good luck! Remember I'm in Arizona. If you are in a colder climate hook up your choke cable... HAHA, I have an Si with a choke cable, kick ass!

Edited by Shinobi's_Underwear, 07 March 2006 - 10:00 PM.

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (Shinobi's_Underwear @ Mar 7 2006, 07:56 PM)
Leave the stock jetting and mixture settings. If you are stock (internals) turn the mixture screws in about 1 half turn each (if they were doing well on the bike before it died). The hard part is the final tune. It would be kinda fun having to take your car to a motorcycle shop to finish everything off if you need it, I didnt. Read your spark plugs for color and go from there. Too dark on a hole, go quarter turn in, in increments. Too light, quarter out. Good luck! Remember I'm in Arizona. If you are in a colder climate hook up your choke cable... HAHA, I have an Si with a choke cable, kick ass!

cool, thanks. i figured i'd have to read the plugs a lot while tuning.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Shinobi's_Underwear @ Mar 7 2006, 07:56 PM)

cool, thanks. i figured i'd have to read the plugs a lot while tuning.

Those carbs are SO neat! Get two or three sets of NGK BRP? 9es? cant remember. Do 10 minutes of normal, wow this fun on its first mission. Adjust. Second set do two days. Adjust. Third set do another two days. I got my plugs a little darker than OBD0 fuel injetion in a week. Even way to rich on initial setup they kick ass. I will always go rich and work toward lean. Going too lean feels great, but Honda motors wont rattle at you to say "OUCH, i'm knocking" untill its too late.

crazi-85crx

NGK plugs i've found:
BCPR6ES11
BCPR6EYN11
BCPR6EIX11
BCPR6EGP
any preferences? also, have you considered running a higher octance gas? say 89 or 91?

Edited by crazi-85crx, 07 March 2006 - 10:48 PM.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
I'm giggling reading your write up, I can only imagine what it must be like to drive it!
What's it sound like?

I love the use of the stock airbox, that lets you use the CBR filter that sits in the airbox if I'm not mistaken, right?

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Mar 7 2006, 10:44 PM)
NGK plugs i've found:
BCPR6ES11
BCPR6EYN11
BCPR6EIX11
BCPR6EGP
any preferences? also, have you considered running a higher octance gas? say 89 or 91?

Yep, highest octane possible, advance the hell out of the timing, and let that girl rip. I'll get you that NGK number. I've tried many heat settings, but the one I have seems to work the best. I'll get back to you very soon on that plug number. Sorry I cant recall it right now (wasnt listed in your list). Had a 9 in it i swear, untill i tell you Wednesday it had an 11 in it, hehe.

crazi-85crx

this is off topic but, did you repaint your interior?