Weight?

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
Someone call Honda we need the REAL WEIGHT's for '84-'87 HF, DX and SI...I must know it's driving me Insane it's screwing w/ my weight reduction calculations.

1g Supremacy

Lol. Post a number and I'll call.

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
It just occured to me that I could weigh the 85 Si I recently bought at some point this weekend. I have to put the race car on the scales anyway, got a race next weekend.

I'll try to get it done tomorrow, don't have time today. Just FYI, when I raced my first Si 'with' full bolt in cage it was around 1950 I think.

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Mar 5 2005, 02:02 AM)
Yeah, hatch is def more than the crx.....

As far as the motor.....hell, I lifted a sohc d15b 3ft by my self, and Im not stong at all tongue.gif

This is what my '85 CRX FSM lists:
1883 SI
1849 Std with 3-speed auto
1819 Std with 5-speed
1713 HF

This is what my '86 CRX FSM lists:
1978 SI
1898 Std with 4-speed auto
1865 Std with 5-speed
1713 HF

Hope this helps.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

JDN14

to throw what ive heard into it, i read the 85 Si was 1703 curb weight....though that seems a little light. Not to mention the 100+lbs. of stuff ive got rolling around the back.

enjoy,

Jacques
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
older cars will weigh more...but im sure you could easily go somewhere to get your car weighed. If you have a place where you can dump garbage around where you live, go there. usually they weigh your vehicle before you dump and then you go back and weigh it again after. the weight won't be *exact* (maybe 50-100 lbs off...maybe). or if you are driving on the highway or freeway and see a "weigh in station" (for those big rigs), see if you can weigh your car there, if not...well...time to use some physics and a bothersome amount of man power smile.gif

...and who knows what they include in the curb weight...oil, gas, coolant, window motors (power window models), battery? that right there could be a difference of 50-140 lbs...

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
or if you know of any places that sell rocks, stones, etc, try there. we have a local place (our true value) that has a stone center that has a scale, i'm going to weigh mine there sometime. just drive up on, hurry up and read, drive away biggrin.gif
Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

bad@ssracer

i weighed my 87 crx si at my local grain elevator, and it weight 1807lbs with a full tank of gas. i dont know it that helps since i only have 3/4ths of my floor left, and i know that rust is lighter than metal, but the full tank of gas should make up for that.
The Race Is Short , But The Victory Is Sweet

user posted image
^^definate hottie^^

user posted image
SportInjectedClub

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
to everyone: when your posting a weight specify CRX or CIVIC! thanks

I have a completely stock full interior usdm 86 civic dx 1.5 (minus the vac emissions crap, 10-15lbs) where can I get it weighed? ya think i could get 4 really heavy duty scales? lol or do i have to go to the track? thats outta the question.
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
well acording to my titles, my 87 crd dx 5 speed weighs 1801lb and my 87 crx auto weighs 1834.(not auto anymore.)
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

JDN14

QUOTE (Cäz™ @ Mar 5 2005, 06:42 PM)
older cars will weigh more...

not necessarily true, it seems to be widely accepted that the 85 CRX Si is the lightest of the Si's, and it's the oldest. I think the older CRX's/Civics are lighter as they are missing big damn bumper supports and other misc. items.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

CSPCRX

My 86 CRX SI with full interior (racing seats not stock), radio, but no spare tire or jack and no AC with stock EW motor weight in at 1878. Same as above with B16A weight in at 1948. The number I have on a completely stock SI with AC is 1978lbs. All of these are minus driver.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
Well, I got the scales out yesterday, (like I said, had to cornerweight the racecar).
So, just to preface what I'm talking about, this is a '85 CRX Si with air. The original owner had installed Teg rear brakes (only rears, not fronts? blink.gif ), an aftermarket rear sway bar (don’t know what make), Tokicos all the way ‘round, and different rear springs.
He had also swapped in what looks like an entire front subframe from an Integra, including P/S rack and the longer torsion bars & tubes. Other than that it has 15” rims with BFG 205/50x15’s.
With a little over ¾ tank of fuel this car weighed 1990 lbs.

This weight will come down because I plan on removing the P/S rack and subframe, who needs power steering? cool.gif

Just to compare, my race car weighs 1950 right now, with a LOT of lead. The first time I weighed it, it was 1800lbs, at that time it was 200lbs underweight, we’ve since been able to remove 100lbs.

Oh yeah, this is with me in it (190lbs), the street car was weighed empty.

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Zephyr

• On the Podium
  • PipPipPipPip
My '86 Civic SI racecar when weighed with street tires and almost no fuel came in at 1780. I need to add weight to it to make weight for the H5 because we are weighed with driver post race so unless I run with a full tank of fuel I'll be gambling a lot if I want to be legal.

Z
1985 CRX Si H2 Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a WRX swap

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Late last year mine weighed I think 907kg with me in and almost full tank of gas. That's 2000lbs. Maybe it was 807, which would make it about 1780 lbs, although that seems really low. I believe it was 907. It will be a bit heavier this year, unless I get the lexan rear windows and FG hatch done...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"