Low Idle And Pgm-fi Lights Up

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx
my car has 197k miles on it and it will after a while of idleing it will start to almost stall but doesnt like drop idle below 900 rpm then kick back up to 1000.
also when i was driving home with it(i just got it) the PGM-FI light lit up, what does it mean also i was low on gas really low and i was doning like 65(if that makes a defference).

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
Plugged injectors, Bad tps, Check plugs, wires, dist cap rotor, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, vacuum lines for small cracks. run through vacuum diagrams, fuel pump, injector clips and wires. All that type of shit.

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
while pgmfi light is on look under the pass seat, there are 4 led on the ecu.

drivers side <---[1] [2] [4] [8]-----> pass side

all it up and u get ur code, it's prob an o2 sensor

the irratic idle is prob due to fast idle silinoid on the back of the intake, remove the top and tighten the core w/ a big ars flat screw driver or wood chizzle

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx
i just changed the o2 sensor but ill fix the idle soon, i havent drvin it enought to know if that had fixed the pgm-fi light or not because it comes on after a while.
but thanx for the help.

Drazon

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
I've had that PGM-FI light come on once in a great while. Usually with big changes in altitude. Of course when I turn the car off and back on that light stays off.

Edited by Drazon, 24 November 2004 - 03:51 AM.

user posted image How's my drawing?