Hi Everyone I Just Bought My First Crx And Now

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx
hi im a newbe and i just bought my first crx yesturday on halloween.
it is a 85 si with electric moon roof red wit dray bottom, 5 spd i only drove it for 35 miles ( to my home from where it was) and i love it.
now i want to deck it out.
does any one know where or who could i get glo gauges, spoilers, euro tail lights, body kits from?
thanx any help or info is liked.

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
spoken like a true noobie

laugh.gif
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
i hope this is a sick joke. do not start to defile and ricertize an 85crx....out of all the models! i suggest you sit around and read up a little before you go making any modifications that you listed. good luck with your project.

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ricey 1g

like that?

follow one important precept....

speed first...rice never

-Alex
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (oeldisplay @ Nov 1 2004, 12:49 AM)
does any one know where or who could i get glo gauges, spoilers, euro tail lights, body kits from?

mugen body kit: www.racegearbox.com
Euro tails (all amber conors): www.ebay.com if your lucky....
Spoilers... the 86-87 crx Si spoilers are verysweet check them out.
Glo gauges... there is some place on the internet that sells them I don't know where tho...

Edited by Aren D., 01 November 2004 - 01:54 AM.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (oeldisplay @ Oct 31 2004, 10:49 PM)
hi im a newbe and i just bought my first crx yesturday on halloween.
it is a 85 si with electric moon roof red wit dray bottom, 5 spd i only drove it for 35 miles ( to my home from where it was) and i love it.
now i want to deck it out.
thanx any help or info is liked.

Where are you guys coming from? Someone bomb the ricer factory please. dry.gif

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

anREXsic

• Truffle Shuffle!
  • PipPip

huh.gif Are you serious? blink.gif
WTB CR-X Si or Civic Si
87 CR-X Si, B16 swap, many upgrades - Sold
07 NIssan Altima - Wifes Car

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it.

It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible.

jonesy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx dx, 90 Skyline GTR
Jesus guys, they're new. Try to have a modicum of restraint. How do they know that we're purists? Youre gonna make us look like honda-tech...

jonesy
85 CRX DX: 4-2-1 header, 11:1, P&P, 4 32mm mikuni's
90 Skyline GTR: Filters, I/C Hard Pipes, Downpipe, 3.5" de-catted exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC, HKS SSQV's, and on and on...

crx16

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
laugh.gif too funny for words
user posted image

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
I have one question.... what would be the purpose of all that stuff?

I mean, Your gonna have all that show and no go. Its pointless. Its a car, its supposed to take you from point a to point b. As fast as possible. A snazzy wing and fancy gauges arn't gonna help you.

The point of a wing is to create downforce at speeds higher than your crx will ever see. The gauges are there to display how fast your going and how your car is performing. They do that perfectly in oem form. Some pimpin breaklights arnt going to do anything but draw the cops attention, and get a bunch of ford drivein rednecks hollerin at your riced out car.

There's nothing wrong with makeing your car badass looking, but think of it this way. If you had a super hot g/f who all the dudes drool over, would you want her warein the slutties everyone fuck me clothes or would you wan't her warein somethin more approiate.

Rice is for car shows, and for posers who like to front thier shit likes its bad when they waisted all thier moeny on the big fart can and carbon fiber wing and accesories.

Sean

3rdgen

• A civic by anyother name would still be just as sweet
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic <carb> 97 mpv, 2003 tiburon<supercharged>
hey... im a noobie here too, and Id like to ask that im not associated with that kind of "rice" talk. I am not a ricer nor do I associate with riceboys

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Jonesy, you're right.

I was a bit harsh, and lately the whole board has been pretty harsh to ricers. I don't like them, or the style, personally, but thats me.

Its your car, and do what you want, but expect some razzing everytime you do something rice related, because as Jonsey said, we are purists, and have our cars for the same similar reason: Barebones grassroot performance.

All are welcome aboard, and the longer you stay here, the sooner you will see that these cars are made for driving, not showing.

If you really want all that weight and bling on your car, you should really consider a 2G CRX, or 92 and up Honda, where the aftermarket is bursting with cheap chromed goodies.

Welcome.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

ChrisF-dude