RacePlates's Content

There have been 1 items by RacePlates (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50701 Cf Rear Windows!

Posted by RacePlates on 14 January 2004 - 10:56 AM in 1G CRX

Actually thats my car. I installed those windows a few months ago. Here are a few more pics.

About the lexan hatch, I did that

I actually did the hatch first and the entire car is pretty stripped so I looked around for a place to dump more weight. I thought why not use our plates... I don't have many more places to loose weight. The only bad part about the hatch is that in mid summer when the lexan heats up it bows slightly in the middle. At night or on cool days this isn't a problem. I used silver vinyl stickering to create a border and the CRX on the back of the car. It actually looks pretty good for a garage made unit. I dumped close to 50 lbs I think. Your right about the windows not weighing much but when your as stripped as me its hard to find another pound. I have been driving with these on the street for about 3-4 months. As far as visibility the crx is pretty short so I barely have to lean forward to see my blind spot. These carbon windows don't make any noise so I assume they aren't loaded. The factory windows were glass and the rp was good for abot 3 lbs each.

About the car: I installed a B16 w factory LSD and I/H/E and am making 155-156 at the wheels. Interior is painted primer black and the car only has a drivers seat. The drivers side door is the only thing on the interior not stripped. It sort of feels like your driving in a cave. The rear of the car has 750 Ground Control coli-overs and the car has been corner weighted for drag. The wheels are stock 4 hole crx wheels. The car weighs about 1800-1850 with me sitting in it. Also both front and rear bumper supports are gone and the hood is cf and weighs about 5 lbs. Its pretty fun to drive on the streets. Just thought I's share with you guys.