Jdm Hood?

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
Has anybody ever seen a JDM hood for sale? They have a little bulge on the driver side and I would love to get my hands on one.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
JDM, and EDM is the same and no i have never seen one for sale in the U.S.

DarkHand

You're not the only one who wants one. smile.gif If someone were to ship a dozen of the things here they could make a pretty penny. cool.gif
DarkHand

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
I have seen some 3G Civics on local tracks here in PR with the JDM hood. When I ask the owners where they got those hoods, they told me that they got them from Dominican Republic.
Im looking for one for my CRX but have found only hood's for 3G Civic's sad.gif

But I will still searching for one for my CRX.
87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image

DougY

....only Civic hoods? There are plenty of people here looking for them. If you can obtain them, you could have them sold FAST.

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
There has to be a way to get them. You can call your local Honda parts counter and order a hood for a US model so.... Honda of Japan must have some too right? Anybody speak Japanese?
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
you can put bulge hood right under pop up lights in the never going to get it catagory

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
haha good call Ghost-one, if you guys want hood bulges, look around for a bulge on another USDM car that you like, get one of those hoods from the junk yard, cut it out, and cut and fit it on your hood. i know at least a few people here have done it, my buddy did an eclipse bulge on his nissan pickup.

baxter

• Slowpoke with attitude
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 JDM CRX-Pro, '84 JDM CRX DOHC, & '84 JDM 1.5i
    • Image Gallery
They are still available in countries that had them OEM or who import used JDM cars, ie Europe, UK & Ireland, New Zealand, maybe Australia, and of course Japan. Pop-ups are the same.

I've seen the occasional one for sale on the UK CRX group's forums (and UK's probably the cheapest for shipping to US/Can - but probably still too dear simply for a cosmetic mod).

For a New Zealand auto wrecker I reccomend www.stronghonda.co.nz, as they are happy to export etc (many of our b16 have now headed state-side sad.gif ).

But I understand they have recently been a bit unhelpful for g1 stuff, so I suspect they are about to go out of g1 stuff sad.gif. But if enough people (especially people with overseas funds smile.gif ) pester them for stuff they may well restock their g1 stuff (they can pick whole cars up for less than NZ$100).

Someone should make a glassfibre mould of a ZC hood and flog a few off -it'd be lighter and probably cheaper than a real ZC hood...

Edited by baxter, 08 April 2004 - 09:46 PM.

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
wel crap i remember not too long ago someone on this site was trying to well their JDM hood. i want it really bad but i dont have ANY money. if you relly wanna look through all the post on this site you might find it.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
Guys,
I am in the process of TRYING to get and EDM hood as we speak, most of it will come down to shipping $$$. I will let everyone know if I am successful.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (cburnscrx @ Apr 9 2004, 12:44 AM)
Guys,
  I am in the process of  TRYING to get and EDM hood as we speak, most of it will come down to shipping $$$. I will let everyone know if I am successful.

think about the economics carbon fiber hoods are 350 and has a superior design.

can you provide these hoods shipped to peoples doors for less than that???

esmjoe

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 scca cr-x
I use to have a humped hood on my 87 civic , it was from japan by way of katman of ffsquad. The hood was consider a zc hood, besides in pictures it was the only one I have ever seen. After hounding katman I got it for $200. I also had japanses tailight lights on the civic ,as well as the swap from a integra. After a year I sold the car to my friend,but I let him only borrow the hood . Four weeks later he got into a car accidet and rolled the corner of the hood. The hood know is the center piece of his wall , framed. I think there are picks somewere. R.i.p little ea-t

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
I have a JDM ZC hood on my wall.. white with signatures of all the CMR members.. no way in hell I am ever selling that, not even for $1000

Edited by ol'skoolrex_PH, 05 May 2004 - 12:49 AM.

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
I saw an ad for one for sale today, but it was for the 91. Here is ad:

91 crx jdm all metal hood has hump on driverside clean, in excellent condition $220

I don't know if these fit or not, I kind of doubt it.