Tracking K24 Swapped Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

Completed first event. Some good some bad! During the first session I came in after about 5 or 6 laps to get tire pressure and temps. This told me pressures were a little high so I lowered them for session 2 and car had even more traction in the corners as you would expect.

So The Good
Car is an absolute monster on the track. Pulls out of the corners so strong with the 200ftlbs of torque.
Car was very well balanced in the corners, with no chassis tuning done yet. The 245s up front along with the LSD allows the car to really pull itself out of the corner once you get back on the throttle.
Cooling was keeping up very well with the 90 degree air temps. Was seeing 192 and 194 the entire time.

The Bad
- front Brakes are not able to keep up. During the second session 7 minutes in going into a corner at 100 mph front brakes boiled and I lost all front braking resulting in a very dirty off track event. Photo below. Already spoke to Wilwood and they made some recommendations including upgrading the pistons to prevent this. Also working on adding some brake ducts to increase cooling.

53281526709_149be0f907_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Still need to look things over but so far doesn’t look like there is any damage. just have weeks of cleaning to do to get all of the dirt out of the engine bay and inside of the car. Was having a blast up until the failure point. Always come home from the track with some homework! 😂

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

A little video to help get the picture 

https://youtu.be/3Lm...oejJys1PeesH2jG

spent two hours cleaning a you wouldn’t even know I have cleaned at all!  It’s going to take a while to get all of the dirt out of the car!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion

What a monster of a car!   Video puts me right there.   Did the off road event cause any damage?    Can you put thermal couples on a caliper to test different cooling/ component variations?

Keepin' it OEM

CSPCRX

As best as I can tell right now no damage t the car.  Still need to put it on the rack and double check that the alignment hasn’t changed.

going to us thermal Stickers on the calipers and thermal paint on the rotors to see what the temps are maxing out at.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily