My Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
61 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
well since my race car has taken most my time the si hasnt really seen any work or matainice to it since last nov. so i thought i would give it some new goodies.

what i have planed im hoping to have it done in 1 weeks time.
-bigger brakes up front 92+ maybe new drums.shoes on the rear if need.
-custom 21/4 headerback exhust and muffler
-dc header
-interier pull out and repair of leaky back window seals and roof rack holes.
-illuminas on the rear
-if time rust repair

will be getting pics up tommrrow and update on progress

C8V6C

Bump-o for the pics

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sounds good man.. good luck with getting everything done! hahahaa.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
knew i fogot to do somthing yesterday.
well i have started to colect the parts i need for easy work.
i have the bigger calipers now the 2051 91cx
i have the dc header
i have the illuminas for the rear

heres the pics of the calipers befor i clean them

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
some more progress i picked up the rotors and pads today for the calipers

old rotors size is
diamiter-230mm
thickness-11mm

new rotors size is
diamiter-240mm
thickness- 21mm

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i didnt get awhole lot dont i was workin gon the truck today. but heres where the car is at this time.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
ok well i got a start on the car today so far i have got tires off,front bumper off and headerpanel. i also have got the drivers side brakeupgrade done. bigger caliper,rotor,pads.
for the new rotors,calipers i had to take the back dust cover off it was in the way.

heres some pics so far
old

new

old

new

old on top new on bottom

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i hit some big wall on this project
1 for me to do the header i have to remove the rad's and i dont have the ability to work on the a/c so that got caned then i go to finish the pass side brakes nope again. the caliper braket is the wrong size, so fine i got do the rear struts. again the drivers side is fine but the pass wont buge. so the drivers side is done and heres. a pic.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
been busy today. as you see.
im now done the front end work. with exception of the header problem i have. and im %0 percent done on the rear end. i have the new driver side strut in,just needs to get bolted in. and the pass side needs to get cut off its not comming lose.

for a car that is a 86 im serpurised at how little rust it has comparied to my 87. i guess that it hasnt seen much of the bc wether yet since its a states car and all.

tommrrow i will be finishing up the rearend and then on to the interior

C8V6C

Did you have the problem with the rears? Like mine wont allow me to lower it any further....so i had to raise up my springs so that the strut would sit on the spring, instead of the strut...hense the reason my car sits so high tongue.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
ah the only truble i had was tring to get the strut to sit in the top mount i had to put the bushin gon the strut first then slide it up. also i had to push down on the axle to get the strut to line up with the hole to put the bolt in. i mean pushing it looked odd, i was leaning on it and i had my head and sholder under the car through the wheel well and one had holding the strut and the other tring to guide the bolt and using my chest to weight the axle down.
then once the bolt was in i jacked up the axel so to push the strut up and through the mount so to tightn the top nut on.
droped it and seems fine no play in the spring or strut.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well im socked from the rain and so is my dad. it sucks working on cars in bad wether but what can you do ah!?
anyway used up about 80% of the time today working on the pass side rear strut. what a *&^& job. took my dad 2 hours to get the bolt off the dame car. we tried every thing from oils to impacts to hammers finally got out the ginder with cut off disk. then after that was over i got to take the new bolt and re thred the nut on the car that was a long job. finally got it dont and got the strut in and bolted up. i dont like doing sturts on ground level not fun. heres the ride hight now with the new struts.

before this happend i was waiten for my dad so i did this to see if it could work and it looks like it would so that will be a job in the warmer wether.

and finally got the car out and tested it, i need to do soem more work to hte brakes theres air stillin the line. but when i do get them to come on im stoping fast. i think im going to like these bigger brakes.

and i have the rears set the same as the front so all 4 corners at set at 4 well i think the rears need to come done a setting or 2 its solid back there but hte front are fine on 4. i need a 3.5 setting but what can you do.

CRXdan

hahah good show good show
i love this post updated soo often
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well went out and blead the brakes and now they work great.
now its going to hold off till better wether for the interier swap.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i have been out driving aroudn setting out the illuminas for street use and it looks like i found a setting that i can handle.

i have the front on 4's and the rears on 1's yes ones. i had the rear on 4 to match and man that was a rough ride. and so i droped to 2 and it was better but still was a bit hard for the street and 1 seems to be fine for the street. even 1 is harder then the stock were so i have lots of ajustability on the rear. i may flip them to the race car. when i get new rears for it.