To All My Big Boned Rpr Members. Are You With Me?

• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
LOL.. Well I hopped on the scale today and OMG 258LBS!!!(I'm 6FT tall) (up from my regular 245~) we have been eating out ALOT due to time restrictions lately. I wear a size 38 waist comfortably but I've been noticing they have been getting a bit snug!! I WILL NOT HIT A 40 WAIST!! I'm not really "FAT" I have alot of muscle tone I'm just BIG.

I will HONESTLY post my weigh in each morning: so you can laugh at my failure or encourage my progress lol...

well here it is this IS DAY ONE of my diet.. I am going to try a LOW/NO carb , calorie counting diet.

I will workout daily after day one (hell day). treadmill/ resistance training

I will cut out soft drinks all together..

I will use this thread as my MENU to what I have ate throughout the day!

JUMP IN IF YOU WANT JOIN ME IN MY WEIGHT LOSS EXPEDITION!..

WEIGH IN DAY ONE ::258LBS

TODAY:
drank lots of water
breakfast: had 2 spoonfuls of low sodium chicken soup
LUNCH:2 pieces of turkey breast thin slice LUNCHMEAT chopped up and put in a salad with NO dressing.

3RD day weigh in :::: 252LBS!! 6 pounds lost already!

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Haha, I've been trying to lose weight lately as well. The best thing to cut out is soda, and sugary stuff, and keep the carbs kind of low, but not completely cutting them out.

Here's how my diet went, and is going, so I guess I'll post my stuff as well tongue.gif

My starting weight at the beginning of July - 219 lbs.
I cut out soda, and am eating less. I have started drinking soda again, but maybe one or two a day at the most.
At my school we just started PE class, and since the school doesn't have it's own facility we go to the Gold's Gym next door.
Today was my second day at the gym, I rode on the bicycle machine for 20 minutes and went approximately 5 miles with a resistance level of 10, whatever that ten is, I do not know... I then lifted free weights for 20 minutes, then got on a treadmill for the last 15 minutes.

Today I have eaten a small chicken pot pie, drank some water, and had a Monster energy drink so I wouldn't fall asleep at school.
My current weight as of just now - 203 lbs.

I haven't noticed much difference visually yet, but I'm sure after the next 15-20 lbs, I will. Also, at the gym I am working to gain muscle, so my weight MAY go down slowly since I started that. Not really sure though...

So here's the quick look at things:
Date started - 07/01/07
Age - 17
Height - 6'1"
Starting weight - 219 lbs.
Current weight - 203 lbs.

Edited by bobdragster, 17 September 2007 - 07:47 PM.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
LOL. I guess I have been gaining sympathy weight for my wife since she is pregnant. I went from 185 a few months ago to 208 now. I need to loose weight but stress makes you snack without realizing it. Of course I am about 8ft tall, so I am not fat. I just like a layer of shock absorbing material to protect my rock hard abs.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 17 2007, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will cut out soft drinks all together..

In all seriousness, this is probably one of the best things LOTS of people can do, you'll hate it for two weeks or so depending on how much you used to drink em... then you'll feel like brand new! Same applies to ultra high caffeine energy drinks, ect. Once you stop for a while, you'll see reasons to stop drinking them all the time.

Good luck man! Get a bike and friggen ride!
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
Jeff Chapman 290

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hmmm dry.gif Maybe thats why I have gone thru 4 sets of shocks for the drivers side?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 17 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm dry.gif Maybe thats why I have gone thru 4 sets of shocks for the drivers side?

I'd bet 6'7" will do that to a car...

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
skiny people are over rated.......... So i might be bigger who gives a dam i wouldn't be me if i was skin.
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
no need for thin-bashing. i'm 142 and can't do anything about it. no matter what i eat. 8 years ago i weighed 137. it actually kind of sucks. whatever.

congrats on trying to get healthy and not thin! there is a difference. keep that in mind, you may not be losing weight fast, but you are probably going to get healthier quicker. this means more energy to keep going! i support everyone no matter what there weight. it's great if you like the way you look. it's also great if you want to be more healthy.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

DarkHand

When I get lazy I get skinny. sad.gif

6'0", 125lbs right now. I had about 20 more lbs of muscle on me when I worked at UPS, but now that I'm in an office all day, it all atrophied away again. Some might like to be that way, but being overly skinny as a guy can be as bad as being overly big, in some peoples minds. Improves car performance though! smile.gif

Cutting out the soft drinks is probably the best thing to do. It's all about calories taken in vs. calories expended. You could eat 100,000 calories in a day... if you burned 100,050 in the same day you'd lose weight (you'd also be putting out enough heat to melt steel, but it's an example smile.gif). So cutting out calories to decrease your intake and increasing your activity levels to increase the amount you burn helps on both sides of the equation. You can lower your carb intake, but don't cut it out completely! Also make sure to gradually increase your activity levels; don't start exercising hard right away. Not only does it cause you to gain any lost weight back, it makes you want to quit. And the key to exercise is keeping at it! So start gradually and work your way up over a few weeks.
DarkHand

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
First off: RARECRX, Good for you! Keep focused and start doing excersize, start with walking more, get in a couple sets of crunches in the morning and before bed and after a few weeks you'll start seeing it tone up. My hubby has a belly and when we went on vacation we hiked up mountains.. LOL he lost 25lbs in 2 weeks and his belly had lost 6 inches.. Had to buy him new clothes while on vacation because his would fall off him..

Don't get discouraged.
Keep realistic goals for yourself.
Substitute you're regular junk snacks with veggies with NO DIP, CHEESE etc
Excersize, but be careful ffs, if you haven't done anything really active for a long time and if your weight is unhealthy, go see you're Doctor before you just hop on the bike or treadmill... He'll give you some directions and tell you how hard you can attack the workouts.

I'm a skinny too... 5'11"... 6' in a pair of runners, I weigh 120-128lbs... It's not healthy for me and I have been this way all my life. No matter what I eat or how much I eat, and I do eat lots!! don't kid yourself, but I can NEVER get to a healthy weight.. I weighed 148lbs once.... But I was working a very very physical job doing repetitive tasks and I was extremely cut, muscle weighs more than fat.

I know if I could quit smoking cigarettes I could gain a bit of weight. Anyone wanna quit smoking cigarettes with me? For moral support? LOL

Anyone?

Maybe I'll start a thread!!

Good luck RARECRX! biggrin.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Sep 18 2007, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no need for thin-bashing. i'm 142 and can't do anything about it. no matter what i eat. 8 years ago i weighed 137. it actually kind of sucks. whatever.

congrats on trying to get healthy and not thin! there is a difference. keep that in mind, you may not be losing weight fast, but you are probably going to get healthier quicker. this means more energy to keep going! i support everyone no matter what there weight. it's great if you like the way you look. it's also great if you want to be more healthy.

Get a job seating behind a computer monitor. From the time I was a freshmen in high school (`91) through about 6 years ago I was 6' at 125-130lb. I would drink 3-4l of Dew and eat whole large pizzas for dinner after having all-you can eat Chinese for lunch. I would not gain weight, I worked and played hard back then.

Six years ago I got an "on my butt" job and was up to 180lb in one year. But I have maintained that weight for the last 5 years. I don't think 180lb at 6' is bad and is just over where I wanted to be back in high school. I did drop my pop intake to almost nothing compared to the liters a day I once consumed, I think 20oz is all I get on most days. Rest of the time it is water or tea. I'm not a hungry so I can't eat as much, I guess my metabolism caught up with my new job after a year.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
today's weigh in at 256.5LBS - 1.5 lbs

Thanks for all the encouragement, It's more than I get at home with all the people eating carne asada super burrito's in front of me.

I gained a lot of weight due to a severe back injury which requires surgery that I'm scared to get, PLUS I quit smoking about 4 years ago(when my son was born) and packed some pounds after that. I would rather die of a clogged artery heart attack(quick and to the point) than lung cancer(long and painful) any day LOL.. but If I can help avoid them both why not!

I am a "healthy big guy" if such a thing exists. I can run a mile non-stop at a 6MPH pace without dropping dead,but thats the LIMIT lol. although I've never ever been a distance runner.

It sucks I ran track and played football since 6th grade till high school, and 1 year JC.I ran a 10.45 100M dash,4.5 40yd, a 5:15 mile, and could run 3 miles non-stop. NOW I'm light years away from those times. I probably doubled up on ALL of those times LOL. HEY but I can still bench press 285lbs

My actual GOAL TARGET WEIGHT would be 180 LBS no less...

Sgt. Pepper

I have a hard time gaining weight, I think I have an overactive metabolism. I am 5'10"/155 lbs. I used to lift weights and was getting kinda buff. I tore my rotator cuff (90%) and had it repaired last May and haven't lifted jack since. Now my arms are skrawny. I went on a high carb diet over the winter and gained about 15 pounds in 3-4 months - got the flu and lost it all + in 2 days. I give up! I am who I am.

Good luck on the weight loss everybody. Good luck on quitting cigarettes. You got my support.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
don't mean to bash on everyone... i'm 5'10" and i only weigh in at 125lbs.... i know i'm young and have a fast metabolism yada yada yada... i don't remember the last time i was full... my jaw usually hurts from chewing before i actually get full... my family thinks i have like a tapeworm or something... hahaha but then again i go for a run every monday wednesday and friday... 7 miles, when i'm feeling lazy, 10 miles if the music has me feeling pumped... i've always loved running... i don't have a big muscular body but i'm pretty cut.... and i have a lazy job... i sit on the internet all day chatting with ya'll... hahaha
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)