• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
just as a reference i have a 87 civic si with a b16a1 t3/t4 turbo running 8psi......

on ebay i keep seeing people selling 450cc injectors from a eclipse turbo. it says that it works on hondas. do they just plug in? is that a good size for a turboed b16?

my missing link doesnt seem to be working with my 87 si map so im now using 2 check valves. does anyone know of any problems of using a missing link with the 87 si map if so whats my options?

when using a fmu does the stock fuel pressure stay the same or do i put it up? what it stock or what should it be a idle?

whats a good inline fuel pump at a decent price? whats a good size?

thanks........steve

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
not sure about the injectors...

no clue...I did the check valve method too....

if you go with a bigger injector your pressure is going to drop....so you will need an adjustable FPR....the stock would be around 27-32, if you drop larger injectors in it will lower it to about 15...but that depends on the size of injectors, get a Air/fuel meter and adjust the pressures just about the middle if a little over in the yellow area....when the FMU adds pressure you will see it go full rich...but then again...it would be better to have a wide band dyno help you tune it right the first time....

MSD makes a 42 psi inline...for around $100...I got a new one, but my AE86 didn't need it, I used it once to retrouble shoot a car, and put it back in the box...I thought I would hang onto it though just in case I need it on something else....proly a permanate track box standby...

for only 8PSI...I don't see you needing to get to wild on a super strong, High volume, high pressure pump....I prolly think if the stock one in the tank is healthy...it will do the job.

Hope that helps some.
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

solo2crx

• Jason F.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1995 Miata, 1993 Del Slow Si, 1999 ToreAss Se
    • Image Gallery
Most of those 450cc swaps are controlled or run through a S-AFC, SDS, or standalone setup.

More or less you run stock or near stock fuel pressures so no RRFPR's or FMu's are needed. Pulls the Map reading and the S-AFC pulls back the injector pulse width to desired level at different RPM ranges. Decent setup on the D16A6 cars I have seen with it.

They more or less plug in but you may need new conectors to wire into your harness and new o rings to seat them with.
user posted image

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

"Some people are like Slinkies . . .. not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."