Poll: Are You Looking For Parts?

• You cannot reply to this topic
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you like somebody to produce?

Which would you like somebody to produce?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

CRXdan

d series mounts and everythign necesary to get a mini me into a 1st gen.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

CRXdan

BTW kurutchi... links? I didnt think so tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Masta

I've replied to each line of your post Karutchi.

K-Not to be a bugger or anything but a lot  of these already exist.

Masta-True, but most are very difficult to get, are quite expensive, and lack any type of support.

K- Camber/caster plates with integral strut tower bar. (I saw some once cant remember where)

Masta-Yes, OPM makes a very nice set, be prepared to sell one of your kidneys though. we plan on selling ours for half the price at least.

K- Adjustable Panhard bar. (Think i saw them somewhere have to check) 

Masta-We make one, ask anybody that has one if they are nice or not.

K-Cold air intake for Si/ZC. (Can easely make it ur self or fit one from another)

Masta-Home Depot special eh?  I believe a little more in form AND function.  I'd much prefer a polished S.S. intake, than some black PVC, call me crazy I guess.

K- Short Shifter.  (DC headers, Pacesetter makes them)

Masta-DC is phasing out their 1G/3G stuff, call them, and you really want a Pacestter part on YOUR car?

K-Semi-affordable turbo kit. (Afordable and Turbo dont match)

Masta-That's why I said semi-affordable, it would get people started, but I do understand your skepticism on this one.

K-All-in-one Big brake upgrade kit. (FastBrakes have a kit)

Masta-I'd prefer to use all Honda parts, and have them fit under the 13" wheels.  For half the price.

K-All-in-one D16A1/ZC swap kit. (Hassports have a direct drop B18 kit,not the same but)

Masta- Not the same but what? It's completely different!  I don't understand your argument.  BTW, it's spelled Hasport.

K-Crazy custom fabbed whatamacallits. (Dont have a clue what u mean)

Masta-Custom parts.

K-DC sports style header. (Look up DC they make them)

Masta-Call them and get one, let us know how you do.

K-Manifold/header/turbo back exhaust (Get another engine manifold and fit it,Headers exist,and u can fit any turbo exhaust)

Masta-Well go ahead Jonny Fabricator, I'm sure you would have no problem doing a fully mandrel bent, Tig welded exhaust, same for our members, they are all star fabricators too, so why make parts.

K-If ur looking for anything let me know il try and find it and if not make it.

Masta-Why would anybody ask you, you have 10 posts?  Tom and I started this forum, and we think we(mostly Tom) have made a significant contribution to the 1G/3G community, but whatever, It's guys like you that make me want to say forget it, it's not worth it.  Now go call DC for a header, I'm sure you'll have no problem with all your skills.

D.

biggrin.gif
Civic Nation. Represent.

Masta

I do like the idea of getting a SOHC Vtec into our cars, they are cheap and plentiful, and LSD trans. aren't too difficult to come by. I will difinitely consider this one.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

nivek2002

I want to see the camber plates happen biggrin.gif - but all of this stuff would be great - maybe a 10 year plan tongue.gif

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
Nice thread darren,

i voted for custom parts.
new gen Dseries swap would be awsome along with rear upper spring perches(its been done but can be done better). Solid bushings would be awsome aswell, most import to me would be the rear trailing arm bushings and the front control arm. Also front control arms would be awsome, i would like to get rid of that balljoint. Since i'm pretty sure my balljoints are shot this is something i would purchase in the near future. I dunno, maybe i will design the part myself and construct the pieces at Andrew and Andy W's shop. PS, we CNC'd some camber plates and lathed up some rear trailing arm bushings last night for his 944 tongue.gif

However, i'm not really sure what i want to do with the CRX, its fast, compeditive, cheap to run. The future of 1st gen CRX's and me is diverging relationship. The uncertainty of being a student with zero dispendable income sucks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
well my logic behind the d-series engine mounts is if hasport can stuff a b-series into our cars using the stock mounting positions then there should be no problem putting in a d-series. pm me if you are seriously considering this, because if you are i will hold off on the d16a1 swap for a while.
thanks

Masta

Yes, Krispy, I to would like to do a D-series swap, that would be cool. Looks like most solid bushings are Delrin, so I'll talk to the machinist this week about doing a set for our cars. I also want to do a set of delrin shifter bushings, I need sat for my car, so maybe I'll get a few sets made.
And Krispy, shaddap about Andrew, I know they have cool stuff biggrin.gif Makes me very jealous anytime I hear about it.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Kurutchi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: CRX 91
WOW Masta ur good, u made all this post and u cant even find parts, u must be one hell of a mechanic if u cant find part and for those who are wondering where to get check out http://www.optauto.com/webstore/ they have a lot of stuff like roll cages, cusco bars, lite weight pulleys,flywheels,etc and its all for 84-87 Civic/CRX.So before complaning do a litle research and even if i have only 10 post
i know where to find my stuff

Good Day

Masta

Listen Krusty, we used to sell parts, but nobody bought them. I know where to get parts, I was specifically responding to the parts you listed. Go ahead, find the DC stuff, I am challenging you to call DC and order a header, or strut tower bar. I know other companies sell parts, which is good for you, because obviously you'll never be buying from us. BTW, I typed in 87 CRX/Civic and every other combo and didn't find any matches, care to enligten us with your specialization in ricey parts sellers. I know it SAYS they have stuff, just try and order it. Check out the Camber plates on there, or the tubular control arms. How about an LSD, or maybe a set of Koni's. Hell while your at it, see if you can find a cold air intake, not a short ram, but a true Cold-air setup. Please post your results.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Kurutchi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: CRX 91
Hey Masta do u need help using ur internet ok do exacly what i say

1-go on http://www.optauto.com/webstore/

2-then on the left click on "engine"

3-then click on the "headers" icon

u following or do i need to slow down

4-then i think u have a honda dont u click on "Honda"

want me to give u a break no ok

5-if u know how to read u should see "Civic/CRX 84-87"

And there u have it DC headers and Pacesetter

Now if u need me to teach u anything else like how to start ur computer let me know and next time ill be teching u how to find ur Oh so much desired LSD

Trying to be Respectfully yours

Kurutchi

Edited by Kurutchi, 03 January 2004 - 05:00 PM.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
i voted for a d16a1 swap kit...........just because of the wiring. the engine fits no problem with the 2 mounts.

i would like to see adjustable panhards the most.......and perhaps some 23-24mm torsion bars.

as for the DC short throw, i got one for christmas from my girlfriend. the short shifters are not hard to find at all.........but they cost about $90

-rob

Edited by eastsiderider, 03 January 2004 - 05:33 PM.

SportInjectedClub

Masta

So if people searched our site and they typed in oh I don't know, say...Mugen CR-X Pro and I had somewhere along the line made a list that said we sell them, would that mean we could get them? You should call Options and order a DC header, because seeing as DC has STOPPED MAKING THEM!!!!! it may be a bit tough. And as far as Crapsetter goes, you buy one and put it on YOUR car, I'd rather not. I don't know if you race or not, I can't see it as most Honda racers I know aren't ignorant jerks, but I am considering making race parts, and maybe some more hard core street parts that aren't availible anymore. Keep this up, and I won't make parts, so you can be held responsible and be the most popular guy here!! You smart guy you! Can't anybody back me up? Or am I the dumb one thinking that the parts supply is drying up and somebody is going to have to start making race parts again? Anybody, because Krusty is REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF. I've never even come close to banning somebody before, but keep it up, you are really getting close. Now go back to watching Fast&Furious, you're missing the good parts.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Dan-O

QUOTE (Masta @ Jan 3 2004, 05:39 PM)
Now go back to watching Fast&Furious, you're missing the good parts.

He's trolling and he got you Masta. Let him talk shit. He'll be gone in a bit.

What is it your mom always says... Oh Yeah, "Don't stoop to his level!"

IamNOTaRicer

• U sux0rz @ teh intArweb
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si, '81 Mazda RX-7
The good stuff IS getting more and more difficult to find. And when you do find it, the prices are rather salty. Look at the B-series mounts and axles and stuff. That just hurts. Sure, OPM has an LSD available for my car, but it's $650. That's almost twice what I paid for the car. DC has discontinued pretty much everything for our cars. Lightspeed is supposedly going out of business. Mugen has moved on to the newer models. Where are the go-fast parts going to come from? So Kurutchi, knock your crap off. These guys have been around the proverbial block a few times and KNOW what's out there, where to get it, and where to get the best price. Just because a website advertises it, doesn't mean they have it. When was the last time it was updated? You hang out on your glorified NOPI and I'll stay here for when the good stuff trickles out..

--Danny