How Fast Are You?

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

TurboG1Rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX
I am just finishing up putting my 86 CRX Si back together after the swap and replacement of a bad headgasket due to a bad head bolt. And I know that this car is LIGHT and I know that a light car plus a moderate amount of horsepower will equal fast E.T.'s so what are you putting down and what are you guys running?

What do you think i will run?

I have:
1986 CRX SI
-1986 DOHC D16 (from my old integra)
-T-25 Turbo running 10 PSI of boost
-97 Mitsu Intercooler
-390CC injectors with 255LPH fuel pump
-195 Kuhmo's on 15 inch 99 Civic SI wheels

Thanks.
1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
86 D16A1 and BOOST!!!!

Soo Much Boost, Soo Little Time.

EPcivic

• 2008 & 2009 EP National Champion
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
I've run my Civic at a 1/8th mile track once several years ago. At the time the car weighed 1630lbs, and I was running a stock D15a3 with a TurboRex kit, non-intercooled at 10psi (and about .8 deg retard/lb boost on the MSD BTM). I had some road racing bias ply slicks on, and my normal autocross alignment (not the hot ticket for drag racing). Anyway, I was able to run 8.2 sec times, with slow 2.2 sec 60 ft times and less than 80 mph trap speeds. With taller slicks, a proper alignment and some practice, I think I could have gotten into the high 7s. The guy I had bought the turbo from said he was running 12.8s in the 1/4 in his CRX.

-Chris

TurboG1Rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
HOLY CRAP! You guys have these things going 12's HAHA! i knew it was going to be fast but wow. My 94 Z28 runs mid 13's with the limited amount of bolt on's ive done and now it looks like it has some competition for fastest car in my garage.
1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
86 D16A1 and BOOST!!!!

TurboG1Rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
anyone else???
1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
86 D16A1 and BOOST!!!!

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
not very fast ill tell you since its not runnign right...

i am hoping for high 13s when done

i have
zc brown top
regrind cams ( not installed )
dc header
twm manifold (not installed)
either 40-45 mm side drafts or flat slide carbs
i havent decided on ignition yet

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
14.1 looking for 13's
twitter: @lylehatton

lofreq

• E-AT's since 1997
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si - the return
    • Image Gallery
86 3g civic hatch, 2mm decompressed, t25 turbo 11psi, 195/50r15 street tyres normal inflation, 13.7@173kmh, 2.5s 60ft time, cant remember 1/8th time, was high 8s/low 9s, at 136kmh

so 1g rex should be faster if only because of weight?

good luck

1fstHF

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 01 WRX , 86 CRX HF
QUOTE (87sivtec @ Nov 3 2003, 06:50 PM)
14.1 looking for 13's

put some CTR pistons in that bad boy , but you should be running 13's already though

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
Yah, I should be. Had some 'driver error' involved, but I can't complain.
That is the end of that chassis. Now everything goes into the HF over the winter and we will try again next spring.

I would love some ctr pistons also.... but i must only do one thing at a time. I have to pay for the chassis yet.
twitter: @lylehatton

wabdlninja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
16.8 at 80 all stock 85si biggrin.gif

CSPCRX

13.627 sec @ 98.79 mph in the 1/4mile.
B16A stock bottom end stock head other then Skunk2 Stage2 cams and edelbrock plenum and TB. Full interior and slicks.
Building a B18C block now with Knife edged crank, ITR rods, CTR pistons, my B16 head and boltons. Should make about 220 to the wheels and run 12.5s @ Faster then these brakes were ment to stop at.
NO NOS, NO TURBO, NO SUPERCHARGER just NA.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

DarkHand

QUOTE (CSPCRX @ Nov 4 2003, 02:37 PM)
NO NOS, NO TURBO, NO SUPERCHARGER just NA.

Not to throw the thread off course or anything, but speaking of superchargers, does anyone know of any 1G/3G's with B-swaps and superchargers? I'm wondering about how well it would fit due to my actually considering it. smile.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 04 November 2003 - 04:01 PM.

DarkHand

CSPCRX

Problem is the space between the head and the firewall. As it is the stock plenum on a Bseries motor sits against the fire wall with about 1/4 in clearance. I have the Edelbrock plenum and it sits against the firewall. There just isnt enough room. The guys at HASPort took a Jackson supercharger and determind it would not fit without moving the engine forward or some serious messaging of the firewall.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (CSPCRX @ Nov 4 2003, 04:33 PM)
Problem is the space between the head and the firewall.  As it is the stock plenum on a Bseries motor sits against the fire wall with about 1/4 in clearance. I have the Edelbrock plenum and it sits against the firewall.  There just isnt enough room.  The guys at HASPort took a Jackson supercharger and determind it would not fit without moving the engine forward or some serious messaging of the firewall.

the elusive mr malchesky!! hows it going? i too can attest to how tight it is under the hood with a b series. i have an itr manifold and you couldnt slide a peice of paper between it and the firewall. ive wondered if the jg manifold would fit, hasport told me they were going to try one. i guess that would be you huh? biggrin.gif
anyway ive done 13.5 on BFGs and slicks should get me nicely in the 12s with an all motor ls/vtec.
-Roger

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
Wow nice track times. I bet you guys have smoke a lot of cars on th street.

Im about to change the stock clutch kit of my B16A CRX, Maybe I get it by the end of these wheek. Im looking for an ACT kit.

Well guys I havent taked my car to the track yet but last wheek I took my car to the Dyno and got 2 pases of each 159hp and something and the last one with the ZDyne ECU 162.8HP and 123.4ft-lbs

What Time I can expect at the 1/4 mile track?
87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image