Rear Hatch Rattle

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

timothymckay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic Hatch D16A3
Has anyone sucessfully stopped their hatch door from rattling. I can't seem to fix it, i've tried grease etc, it's just one of those annoying things that i am fed up with
Help!

DarkHand

Every 3G rear hatch I've closed did so really solidly. Is it the latch rattling, or a plastic panel? Could something be loose inside?
DarkHand

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
Check if the plastic air deflector for the window is loose. Sometimes the plastic pin that locates the side piece breaks off. Mine did and I fixed it with a plastic screw inserts designed for drywall, held in place with a dab of JB Weld, and then fastened with an ordinary metal screw into the insert.

BTW, JB Weld is great stuff! Always keep a couple of tubes in the tool box for emergency track repairs.
2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

87crxdx

its probably that annoying squeaking sound when ur driving i had the same problem veeery annoying, just tighten up ur hatch lock u might have to give a little push on ur hatch to make sure it shuts but at least shes snug

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
What I did was I took the two spacers from the latch on the hatch and that did the trick for me. I think I will still change the weatherstriping (sp?) later on.
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

timothymckay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic Hatch D16A3
it's that annoying sweaking sound, it doesn't seem like anything is loose but i'll have a closer look and see what i can do.
Maybe i could just weld the thing shut!! tongue.gif

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
i have the same problem! it doesnt happen all the time but when it does its very annoying. when you figure it out please let me know.