B16a2 In 1986 Crx Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
ecu is pe7 and the motor is the stock si engine. If you look where the tranny and engine are bolted together, in the front, right behind the radiator there should be a stamp which tells you the engine.

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si soon will have b16a2
so all i have to do for a 86 crx si. Is buy the hasport wireing thing... then use AEM's ems with my stock ecu right???

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
O and it's B16A pretty clean motor will have pic's up soon
time to drop her in there got the lift and all the tools just going to do tune up on it befor i stick it in there

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
AEM ems replaces the stock ecu. It is a standalone system.
twitter: @lylehatton

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
is that it?? any1 eles on this?? any1 know anything bout it?? or my ??

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Have you talked to HASport? They know their stuff, and will be able to tell you what needs to be done. I don't have a clue myself.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
any1 know how to make this work b16a in 1986 crx si has port wants me to send in my wiren harness and redo it but i have to choose between haven v-tec or my speedo any 1 have any ideas??
thanx jeremy

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
??

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Not a clue. If I was you, it really doesn't matter about the speedo. Since you want the b16a (power and vtec i'm assuming), go with vtec and no speedo. You can always wire up a tac to measure your speeds. If I was going to do it, i would just get a 2nd gen wireing harness and speedo since i am more familiar with 2nd gen b16 swaps. Keep in mind this is just me.

Edit: also, why would you need to choose between one and the other? If you wire it up for vtec, the speedo should still be there. I'm assuming. This is how it is for the 2nd gen. You just wire up to the tac so each time it hits a certain rpm, the vtec engauges. They also have other methods of switches when you can engauage it whenever you want. I would assume you would need to look up some wiring info dependin on what hasport does.

Edited by UltimX, 06 June 2003 - 11:18 AM.

b16a87civic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic si 1996 honda civic hb
    • Image Gallery
if you use a zdyne computer you dont have to worry. you use the stock cable into the tranny for the speedo, and the computer turns on the vtec no matter what, it doesnt use all the sensors (speed) to turn it on like the stock computer. and best of all you only need to add the vtec wire to your harness! a one wire transplant! CALL HASPORT!!!! they really know what they are doing when it comes to this swap.