B16a2 In 1986 Crx Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
QUOTE (ol'skoolrex_PH @ May 25 2003, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (87sivtec @ May 22 2003, 08:03 PM)
200 hp at the wheels in a B16?  Very difficult without boost.  Very very very expensive too.  Impossible with a stock bottom end.

tongue.gif um... I asume you don't know what you're talking about

B16A1 OBD1
Toda Racing individual throttle bodies
Toda Racing Stage 2 cams + cam gears
DHR head (-cams)
DC Sports header
11.2:1 compression ratio

stock bottom end
and I'm pumping 233 HP to the wheels (which I'm sure is less than actual HP because I can't even find traction on the dyno)

I'm not entering the NASA honda challange.. so next month when I get my paycheck a Toda stoker kit is going in.

and my car is now running high 11s cause I suck at driving tongue.gif laugh.gif

blink.gif wow! thats a bold statement. must say though if it is what he claims is true, my future looks good! cool.gif
-Roger

Edited by NJMUGENCRX, 25 May 2003 - 07:42 PM.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
Very impressive. I would love to see pics.
I stand corrected regarding the stock bottom end. I honestly haven't heard of anyone getting that much with the stock pistons and rods. With turbo ya, but not na.
Like I said though, very expensive parts! I love it and i am envious biggrin.gif

Send me pics though. I am very interested in your setup. I am wondering how you got to 11.2 compression? Milled head, headgasket or both?
Info please!!! biggrin.gif I don't think that I could go to the ITB's, but other specs may help me get into the 12's.
Thanks

Lyle
twitter: @lylehatton

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
as soon as I get a digital camera I'll post pics, right now i'm living in the ancient world of disposable cameras.

as far as compression, milled head and HKS headgasket (0.6) to stop the pistons from hitting the valves the pistons were also milled... so I guess the bottom end isn't "STOCK" but milling the pistions really screws stuff up.. which is why the stroker kit is going in. The pistons were re-enforced with welds on the underside (old school trick in hot rods) but the heat transfer is not good and the pistons had to be trued to fit back in the cylinders. I don't recomend it wink.gif I'm getting a new DHR head, puting the comression back to stock, the stroker kit will take car of the power loss.. and I'll be able to run on 92 octane again.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Your current engine was probably a build up i wouldn't want to do.
Why not just put in B16b pistons? puts it up to 11.6?
only have to fix the rods to fit them too.
Stroker kit would add tons of torque though. Sounds like fun.

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
what about ctr pistons? Haha, you could probably hit 10's with a good driver.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
i meant 11.6ish to 1 compression.

edit: Ctr pistons with a one layer gasket = approx. 11.45:1

Edited by 87sivtec, 27 May 2003 - 07:39 PM.

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si soon will have b16a2
I know what my set up will be mow i got everything allmost.
wiring wiring wiring is what i am stuck on now how do i wire it up?? o and i got b16a1. so yea little diffent. what wiring harness do i need to swap in if any??? i herd somthing bout runing my stock wiring can that be done?? o and the hondata trash lol i bought 1200$ aem set up complete ems!!!! so now i need what needs to be done to run b16a1 with aem nothing i just use my stock ecu, harness and reconfig it with ems from aem or what?? thanx for all the great replys!!! guys!!! thought i would get way flamed for draging 1g crx.
and i have freind with b18c5 stock in his 1g.
he runs low ass 13's all day long. he has few 12 sec. timeslips but thats stock well he has i/h/e and thats it.
b18c5= like 200 hp at the fly or so i wana be pushing that to the wheels.
b16a1=160 hp at fly can be moded to 200whp trust me i just read it all motor same bore same crank and everything 200whp can be done with b16a1.
but y do that when i can runn 200whp all day long on really low boost. thats just me.

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
those DH-RACING guys are the best!!! i know them so i know they are lol lol
great heads thats how your maken that kinda power from b16 i want you to know.
think of getting there 9 sec spec. b16 motor biult for turbo he had bout 40 psi running over 600whp.
DH
They know there shit

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
hell yes they do. I love those guys. I can't remember how I found them but it was online. and yeah, that is pretty much why my motor is the shit. on a stock B16 their head was putting out 189HP, that's pretty damn good.

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
bro i am close to them.
is that your whole setup?
they offer alot more now!!! when was last time you checked there new price and pruducts list!!!! get 1 of there pulley u will get 5-10 hp right there here is what they have listed out so far if any you guys are intrested!!!!!!

Edited by rpr, 28 May 2003 - 09:28 PM.

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Site doesn't work. Its DHracing.net... I tired com and it doesn't work. capable of 9's huh? thats a pretty bold statement.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
here is the correct link. Please refrain from posting entire catalogs next time. I don't need to store that stuff in my database. Thanks.

Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
sorry there rpr.
it's there new Spring/Summer 2003 Catalog if you get anything from these guys let them know jeremy sent you with the 1g crx they will help you out.
P.S. these guys know there shit trust me i seen the #'s
don't take my word for it
ask them to see

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
old rexer you got a pm
-Roger

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok i am kinda stuck on this car it has salvage title and i not sure witch ecu it is???? can you figure out what this shit is????? onley #'s i see on it are

36.1.20## 37820-PE7-691 denshigikan

ok it looks just like that on my ecu

allso somthing that stumps me is...... the motor........for 1986 what motor is it going to have. cuss i not sure of mine yet cuss it is not yet pulled out. but i know it has 12 valves and it is pgm-fi on the intake mani. thanx for the help on the ??'s guys

Jeremy