B16a2 In 1986 Crx Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si soon will have b16a2
Ok i maid my mind up after a year of researching what motors to go with. i wana go b16a2 and turbo it later on. so keep the turbo in mind cuss it goes in later on. what all do i need for this swap to make it obd 2 cuss i wana run hondata??so what b16 motor would work best for obd 2 wireing and a hondata will be getting all bolt ons befor i drop it in. the reason for this post really is a shoping list i need to know everything i need cuss i am going out today to start gathering up what i need. In about 3 hours to come to think of it so yea parts things i need any1 help thanx alot guys big time help out hope i get response befor i go out today thanx guys

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
any1???

1gTeg90

• Now known as 1gCRX90
  • PipPip
I would check with Hasport - www.hasport.com - they make the mounts, wiring harnesses, axles, etc. They should be able to give you a comprehensive list of everything you'll need to buy and do for this swap. I've been checking into the same thing myself, I'm considering doing a B18 Type R engine or something similar into a 1g CRX Si for NASA's Honda Challenge H1 class for road racing. It would be an awesome little beast.
Richard Floyd
1987 CRX Si SCCA ITB #90

2006 SCCA SeDiv ITB Champion
2002 East Coast Honda Challenge H5 Champion

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
personally if I was going to do any swap other than a D16A1 or JDM 87 ZC, id go with a B16B. You wouldnt have to build it at all and ive seen full swap 'kits' sell on ebay for about 3000$ But id definitely stick to a 1.6L either way, doin anything bigger would likely make the car unbalanced, especially in the handling department, which is the thing I love the most about the 1G CRX. I think the later model hondas or *Gasp* american V8s are better if you want to make a drag strip car. My 2c.

Ryan

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i feel the same way bout b18 i was going to go b18 to but it's to big.to much power you have to rember the 1 gen is torsion bars. i would think with b18 in there all you would get is wheel hop thats just me tough.if you wana go that big get little bigger car least i would. on the guy who said hasport has list were at all i found they offer is mounts, axle, ecu that i can't use i am going hondata,shift linkage. any1 have the link to the shopping list?? i can't seem to find it on hasports sight???
thanx guy
jeremy

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
allso i could have sworn i seen hella first gen parts on this sight while back what happend can you still get anything?

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
Im not sure on sourcing parts for the swap, but if you want suspension related parts heres some links that should be useful:

www.upgrademotoring.com
www.opmmotorsports.com
www.wheelchoice.com
www.gude.com
www.hparts.com
www.jegs.com
www.speedbleeder.com

HTH,

Ryan

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yes you are right bout v8 better drag car but if you were on street. and you owned v8 or anything high priced high hp for that matter. and you raced a 1 g crx and you lost u would be pissed lol lol. least i would if i had biult v8 and little ass honda 4 banger smoke me i would be hella pissed? thats my 2c.
damm called hasport and they don't open till 9am az time.
i found there shoping list now i just have to find were to get these parts with not lot miles on them you know. most the stuff seems to be integra parts.

Hasport Mount Kit AFB1
Shift Linkage AFBLINK
Axleshafts AFBAXLE
ECU Recommend Zdyne one wire conversion ECU for 85-87 Si. I wana go hondata any tips here???

Engine wiring harness Hasport wiring conversion, part number AFSi-VTEC allso here i need obd 2 wirein harness for the hondata what motor can i use obd 2 everything on???

Other electrical parts Purge cutoff solenoid valve (optional)
Upper radiator hose 92-93 Integra GSR, Acura part number 19501-PR3-000. Trim to fit.
Lower radiator hose 90-91 Integra, Acura p/n # 19502-PR4-A00. Trim to fit.
Throttle cable 90-91 Integra, Acura part number 17910-SK7-A03
Clutch Cable 86-89 Integra, Acura part number
Clutch Pressure plate pressure plate p/n #22300 PR4 020
clutch disc p/n #22200 PR3 030
throwout bearing p/n #22810 PS1 01
Pilot bearing

Timing belt 94 Del Sol VTEC p/n #
Water Pump 94 Del Sol VTEC p/n #
Alternator belt 90 Integra, p/n # 31110-PR3-003
Distributor cap 90 Integra, p/n #
Plugs BKR6E-N11
Plug wires 92 Integra GSR p/n #

ok with all this list put down everything i need from hasport i will be getting from hasport sept. there ecu and wiring and that zdyne crap i want hondata.
so my ? is every thing you see on this list besides the noted and what i am getting from hasport what would be good source for all these other parts in good working oder that i can trust?? allso i am stumped if any b16's can go obd 2 any1 know ?? sorry for all these newbe ??. but you yall are saving me a grip of researching time!!!
Thanx Alot Guys!!!!!
Jeremy

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
waiting for 9 am AZ time!!! to call hasport and see what they have to say!!!!

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
thanx alot for the sup. upgrade sights i have not found any upgrades for the 1st gen. sup. parts this helps alot considering i will have no traction with a b16 turbo'd

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ok, called hasport and got some good news hondata ofers obd1 setup and the tech said allso if i am going to be running boost obd1 would be better anyhow so i am off to hunt parts down. o and what do you think bout what he had to say???

oldCRXer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
going to trackmasters they got every sorce for everything i need for ok price!!!

Special-K

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Red 86 CRX
I had both a GSR and a B16 in a first gen, GSR was definatly faster, but its a little taller, heavier and the Intake manifold does hit the firewall. IMO, OBD 1 is the way to go, If you have the time and patience, I rrecomend laying in the wiring harness yourself, you can stuff the GSR guage cluster in the CRX dash faily easily. BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES!!! your brakes are gonna hate you with the extra power and weight ( smoke used to pour out of mine like they were on fire, and the rotors were waurped in no time flat). Torsien bars were also an issue I never delt with either but to make the car handle well, you should upgrade, I am actually curious to know what kind you use for my own car as I will be running a motor of similar weight in my car too.
I will say one more thing, this car loves a high revving motor and with the right mods, youll probably never run a turbo,as a B16 can easily put 200 hp to the ground.
FUN FUN FUN

1gTeg90

• Now known as 1gCRX90
  • PipPip
QUOTE (funkmaster @ May 22 2003, 09:26 AM)
personally if I was going to do any swap other than a D16A1 or JDM 87 ZC, id go with a B16B.  You wouldnt have to build it at all and ive seen full swap 'kits' sell on ebay for about 3000$  But id definitely stick to a 1.6L either way, doin anything bigger would likely make the car unbalanced, especially in the handling department, which is the thing I love the most about the 1G CRX.  I think the later model hondas or *Gasp* american V8s are better if you want to make a drag strip car.  My 2c.

Ryan

road race, not street race. I could care less about building a drag car, I'm talking about SCCA road racing. The torsion bars would be upgraded to 29mm ( from stock, which is what, 19mm?) with sway bars front and rear and 700 lb rear springs. 1g Integra brakes at a minimum, maybe something even bigger.

How much heavier is a B18 than a B16? For that matter, how much heavier is a B16 than a D15 from a 1g Si?
Richard Floyd
1987 CRX Si SCCA ITB #90

1gTeg90

• Now known as 1gCRX90
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Special-K @ May 22 2003, 02:10 PM)
I had both a GSR and a B16 in a first gen, GSR was definatly faster, but its a little taller, heavier and the Intake manifold does hit the firewall.  IMO, OBD 1 is the way to go, If you have the time and patience, I rrecomend laying in the wiring harness yourself, you can stuff the GSR guage cluster in the CRX dash faily easily. BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES!!! your brakes are gonna hate you with the extra power and weight ( smoke used to pour out of mine like they were on fire, and the rotors were waurped in no time flat). Torsien bars were also an issue I never delt with either but to make the car handle well, you should upgrade, I am actually curious to know what kind you use for my own car as I will be running a motor of similar weight in my car too.
    I will say one more thing, this car loves a high revving motor and with the right mods, youll probably never run a turbo,as a B16 can easily put 200 hp to the ground.
  FUN FUN FUN

200 hp from a B16 would be great for what I want, as long as the bottom end remains bone stock (required by rules - www.honda-challenge.com ).
Richard Floyd
1987 CRX Si SCCA ITB #90