Heres A Tuff One After Months I Finally Am Working

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx
hi all its been months but i fianlly got time to work on my 85 crx si, all i known for months is that it chokes out.
well i took it out to my skool where i am learing how to be a mechanic and my teacher is a ase master tech, so im gettting great help.
at first we pull it in the batt was bead so we charge it, then we checked the ignigtion wires for spark but it wont turn over but it has spark.
so then he said take a spark plug out to c how it is and it smelled badly of gas and dripping of it.
so then he told me to try to turn it over and guess what the car has gas just shouting out of the spark plug hole, so then he disconnected the one injector with a test bulb to c if it pulseates like how it should like (on,off,on,off) to show that it only opens when needed to drop in gas.
well it doesent it stays wide open and it stays wide open even when the key is at the on postion not even trying the turn the engine(but even as u turn the engine it stays right on the fuel injector)

so basically if u didnt want to read heres the summary my fuel injectors stay wide open when the key is at the on postion and when turning the engine but we got the car to run by have a vise grip on the gas line but it still chokes out.

so anybody or any one ever hear of this or knows how to fix this so itll be easier for me and him to fix it becasue tomarrow were going to look and c what tells the injectors to open and close.
thanx for any help if anyone can help me out in this situation.

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
it's prob a stuck injector, get 4 used from a jyard and see what happens

any codes ever on the ecu? (pgmfi light on)

ecu rusty on the bottom? it could be fried out if its crusty on the underside

u sure timing is correct?

gl

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (LEW @ Mar 14 2005, 11:00 PM)
it's prob a stuck injector, get 4 used from a jyard and see what happens

any codes ever on the ecu? (pgmfi light on)

ecu rusty on the bottom? it could be fried out if its crusty on the underside

u sure timing is correct?

gl

its not the fuel injector stuck but the wireing that goes to it tells it to stay open.

yea the ecu is pretty krappy looking but ill take it out and look at it to c if its rust on the bottom.

yes the pgmfi light was on for 3 days then finally choked out and still i on when the car is running with the gas line pinched but thats the only way to get the car to run as of now.

i belive that the timeing is right because i was driveing the car for 3 weeks and i had to change the 02 sensor because the pgm-fi light would come on after a while of driveing, so then the light stayed off for 2 and 1/2 weeks then just stayed on for 3 days then just choked out the car and i cant drive it on the the road anymore so i had it flat beded to my skool to have my teacher look at it do i can sell it becasue i paid 800 for it and it only ran for 3 weeks.

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
pull the ecu and if it's rusty try another one, they go on ebay for cheap or someone here could prob hook u up...hell maybe me, i bet i have a good one.

if the pgmfi light is on, under the seat it will show a code...try and get it if u can

anyway, the bottom line is...i would be it turns out to be something simple like injector resister, ecu, map sensor, coolant temp sensor...ect like u said it ran, but got a code then for a few days then died..so it has to be right under your nose.

i wouldn't give up and if your help gives up....don't follow suite, these hondas seem strange to people who haven't worked on them but they are really quite simple.

gl

get that code and i'll tell u what the ecu says is wrong

u will have 4 led's in a row closest to the drivers seat is 1 then 2 4 8 and add them up for your code

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
http://www.redpepper....com/technical/

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

oeldisplay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i never had got a code from it , but any ways yes the ecu is rusted and we took it out and it looked like the beach of how much crosion was in it so i guess ill deff need one.