oeldisplay's Content

There have been 26 items by oeldisplay (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#157340 New Ecu But Still Problems

Posted by oeldisplay on 24 March 2005 - 04:13 PM in 1G CRX

im from susquehanna pa 18847

#157080 New Ecu But Still Problems

Posted by oeldisplay on 23 March 2005 - 03:53 PM in 1G CRX

hi all i finally got a new ecu from a 87 tho but i guess it works i have a 85 5spd si.
i was driving it home today and it stalled when i stoped my car i finally got it to start it stalled agin, but then got it to start agin and moved it a little bit then it stalled agin in the low rpm range, so like if i keep it in the high rpm range itll run but i cant drive a car like that.
i need all the help i can get or info, i paid 800 for it and it ran for only 3 weeks sense holloween night, and it has bad rust so now im just trying my hardest to get my 800 outa it becasue i got ripped off really bad.

#155432 Old/new Ecu

Posted by oeldisplay on 16 March 2005 - 03:30 PM in 1G CRX

hi my teacher is a ase master tech for auto and i go to class at a votech skool to be a machanic and we were working on my car and found out that the ecu is bad and now im looking for one.
my main ? is he said that the # on the sticker that was on the side i need to match for a new on is that true, and if so her is the
# 37820-PE7-662
I09
thanx for any help.

#155101 I Need A Ecu Bad

Posted by oeldisplay on 15 March 2005 - 04:15 PM in WTB

i have a 85 honda civic crx si 5 spd, and i need a ecu bad my died.

#155096 Heres A Tuff One After Months I Finally Am Working

Posted by oeldisplay on 15 March 2005 - 03:50 PM in 1G CRX

i never had got a code from it , but any ways yes the ecu is rusted and we took it out and it looked like the beach of how much crosion was in it so i guess ill deff need one.

#154851 Heres A Tuff One After Months I Finally Am Working

Posted by oeldisplay on 14 March 2005 - 11:10 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (LEW @ Mar 14 2005, 11:00 PM)
it's prob a stuck injector, get 4 used from a jyard and see what happens

any codes ever on the ecu? (pgmfi light on)

ecu rusty on the bottom? it could be fried out if its crusty on the underside

u sure timing is correct?

gl

its not the fuel injector stuck but the wireing that goes to it tells it to stay open.

yea the ecu is pretty krappy looking but ill take it out and look at it to c if its rust on the bottom.

yes the pgmfi light was on for 3 days then finally choked out and still i on when the car is running with the gas line pinched but thats the only way to get the car to run as of now.

i belive that the timeing is right because i was driveing the car for 3 weeks and i had to change the 02 sensor because the pgm-fi light would come on after a while of driveing, so then the light stayed off for 2 and 1/2 weeks then just stayed on for 3 days then just choked out the car and i cant drive it on the the road anymore so i had it flat beded to my skool to have my teacher look at it do i can sell it becasue i paid 800 for it and it only ran for 3 weeks.

#154824 Heres A Tuff One After Months I Finally Am Working

Posted by oeldisplay on 14 March 2005 - 10:42 PM in 1G CRX

hi all its been months but i fianlly got time to work on my 85 crx si, all i known for months is that it chokes out.
well i took it out to my skool where i am learing how to be a mechanic and my teacher is a ase master tech, so im gettting great help.
at first we pull it in the batt was bead so we charge it, then we checked the ignigtion wires for spark but it wont turn over but it has spark.
so then he said take a spark plug out to c how it is and it smelled badly of gas and dripping of it.
so then he told me to try to turn it over and guess what the car has gas just shouting out of the spark plug hole, so then he disconnected the one injector with a test bulb to c if it pulseates like how it should like (on,off,on,off) to show that it only opens when needed to drop in gas.
well it doesent it stays wide open and it stays wide open even when the key is at the on postion not even trying the turn the engine(but even as u turn the engine it stays right on the fuel injector)

so basically if u didnt want to read heres the summary my fuel injectors stay wide open when the key is at the on postion and when turning the engine but we got the car to run by have a vise grip on the gas line but it still chokes out.

so anybody or any one ever hear of this or knows how to fix this so itll be easier for me and him to fix it becasue tomarrow were going to look and c what tells the injectors to open and close.
thanx for any help if anyone can help me out in this situation.

#152220 Weight?

Posted by oeldisplay on 04 March 2005 - 05:22 PM in General Posts

whatz the weight of a stock 85 crx si?
i need to know this because i have someone who maybe towing my car so i can fix it.

#150157 Newer Engine

Posted by oeldisplay on 24 February 2005 - 12:35 AM in 1G CRX

hi i know that this should be in the wtb part but they dont get looked at as much as these one will.
i have a 85 crx si it leaks oil its a 5spd, as of right now it runs like shit as in it dont run at all im personally really pissed and my opion of honda isnt very high right now because i paid 800 for a car that only ran for 3 weeks and i used it for 2 becasue the cross member broke on me and got fixed which took a week, i had a toyota and it rans better than my honda, but ill give honda another chance.
im looking for a engine for the 85 si crx that will not need any mods to the mounts or harness so basically im looking for a engine that will just bolt into a 85 si and run.
what motors can just bolt in?
thanx
PS: im looking for a dirt cheap price and i live in susquehanna PA so closer the better so i can pick it up.

#148702 I New To Changing Engines

Posted by oeldisplay on 17 February 2005 - 03:20 PM in Swaps

thanx for the info people, but i do have a si.

#148448 I New To Changing Engines

Posted by oeldisplay on 16 February 2005 - 10:31 PM in Swaps

hi ive been offered a 94 civic si with a v-tech, and i have a 85 crx the motor dont run anymore so ive been thinking of buying the car and droping the motor into my car.
so my first ? is will i need new motor mounts or custom ones?
second its now a auto (94 civic) i hate auto i love stick and my crx is stick so will i beable to use my 85 crx tranny with the 94 v-tech engine?
so basially sense im new to this what will i need new or newer to put a 94 v-tech with auto tranny into my 85 crx with a manule tranny and i want my car to stay stick there the only cars i drive.

#141351 I Need Help Bad

Posted by oeldisplay on 16 January 2005 - 03:53 PM in 1G CRX

my car has a low idle but that was a few weeks ago so now all it does is dogg out and stalls, if u let it sit for a while itll start like nothing was wrong with it but the pgm-fi light satys on.
does any one have any ideals or info to what my problem is and can a sensor scanner be able to scan my car, if so where does it hook up?

#139530 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 08 January 2005 - 09:47 PM in 1G CRX

bump

#139285 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 07 January 2005 - 03:12 PM in 1G CRX

yea the leds dont work on the computer.
the car sat for 2 weeks with the battery disconnected and as soon as i started the car the pgm-fi turned on with the car, im sure that, that should of rest the ecu?

#139162 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 07 January 2005 - 12:06 AM in 1G CRX

bump

#138229 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 03 January 2005 - 03:21 PM in 1G CRX

i cant get any the lights to light up on the ecu they dont work.
is there a way or thing i have to do to get them to come on?

#138068 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 02 January 2005 - 09:09 PM in 1G CRX

i forgot to say that when the car got put into the car yard i took my system out of it, so i have it sit for like 2 weeks with out the battery conected,and i finally put one on to take it home and the pgm-fi light was still there but i drove it home.
also tho i forgot to also say that my car has had low idle, like it would drop almost stall but then kick back up and it keeps doing it, how do i fix that and to get my car running w/o the pgm-fi light beging on all the time, or stalling out, or dogging?

#137931 My Car Runs But Doesnt

Posted by oeldisplay on 02 January 2005 - 02:41 AM in 1G CRX

ok i typed a nice storie in great detail to help explain alot about my car,but never mind the scroll button on my mouse decided to go back pages and erased it to never mind a nice storie.
so any how ill make it fast, my drove nice but after 45mins of drive the pgm-fi would come on and peope from this site told me its me 02 senors which they were right ( thank you) so now im asking for more help.
after i changed the 02 senor the pgm-fi light whent away for about 3 weeks, now the light would come on at high rpms and then after like 5 mins, but now it stays on all the time and i drove my car for 3 days i drive 45mins to skool and another to get back home, but on the 4th day of driveing there it was fine still light on and then i was driving home and i got about 15mins toward home and it started to dogg and choked out, and i can start but it will run for only about or a little longer than 2 min.
now i finally got my car after paying for the towing fee.
so now i can look at my car bu i looked and found the ecu even tho the car repair book was saying at the foot well behide the dash then i finally decided to go with the 86-87 year place which is under the pss. seat and its there but now the 4 lights dont light up at all, is there a way to c watz worng with it without the ecu's lights or a specal way to get it to turn on?
but beside that any ideals at all of why my car will run but then not?

#124773 Is This Fixable?

Posted by oeldisplay on 05 November 2004 - 11:49 PM in 1G CRX

My Webpage

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

its the pic 5th down on the right
it broke nearly off when i was driving so it swerve like a mofo.
please help

#123964 Engine Tapping

Posted by oeldisplay on 03 November 2004 - 04:00 PM in 1G CRX

no just a tapping like a type writer, it comes from like the valva cover and i thik it might be a valve spring but the guy did a valve job so shouldnt the valves be fine?
its not too loud but its noticable to other people.

#123807 Engine Tapping

Posted by oeldisplay on 03 November 2004 - 02:33 AM in 1G CRX

my engine makes a tapping sound when i accelerate, but not when i am decelerating.
i can hear it good inside of the car.
i was told by a kid that it was the exhust but i dont belive that, i was then told it was probly the valve springs.
the sound comes from near the tranny, the most left pistion to me all i can think of is a type writer sound.

#123805 Gears Play Hide And Go Seek

Posted by oeldisplay on 03 November 2004 - 02:16 AM in 1G CRX

when i shift my car first is a hard to put in second-4th is ok but 5th is hard to find but after a while i can find it, reverse is anoying to get into.
why is my car doing this is it a bad clutch or loose linkage?
by the way my car is a 85, 5 spd.

#123395 Low Idle And Pgm-fi Lights Up

Posted by oeldisplay on 02 November 2004 - 12:14 AM in 1G CRX

i just changed the o2 sensor but ill fix the idle soon, i havent drvin it enought to know if that had fixed the pgm-fi light or not because it comes on after a while.
but thanx for the help.

#123393 Hi Everyone I Just Bought My First Crx And Now

Posted by oeldisplay on 02 November 2004 - 12:11 AM in 1G CRX

i didnt mean to make my car only look fast i just wanted to make it look nice but also be fast by doing engine mods but i just got it so i havent resurced possable engines to put in or what to do with my car i just wanted a little style with speed.

#123080 Low Idle And Pgm-fi Lights Up

Posted by oeldisplay on 01 November 2004 - 01:42 AM in 1G CRX

my car has 197k miles on it and it will after a while of idleing it will start to almost stall but doesnt like drop idle below 900 rpm then kick back up to 1000.
also when i was driving home with it(i just got it) the PGM-FI light lit up, what does it mean also i was low on gas really low and i was doning like 65(if that makes a defference).