• You cannot reply to this topic
158 replies to this topic

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
don't smoke the lights. that look so ghetto, get ahold of some edm ones instead.

and for your own sake, don't empty the tank through the injektors, it wil almost 100% sure pull all the nasty stuff (rust and dirt) up in your filter and injektors. just pull of the fuelline beefore the filter or use the plug in the tank.

good luck with it, it sounds like a sweet find. oh, and 25$ don't sound expensive for a personlized plate.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
get an exhaust system made. ull be happier.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (slavteren @ Aug 10 2006, 05:36 PM)
and for your own sake, don't empty the tank through the injektors, it wil almost 100% sure pull all the nasty stuff (rust and dirt) up in your filter and injektors. just pull of the fuelline beefore the filter or use the plug in the tank.

knew i couldnt be the only 1 who thought that was a bad idea

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
Yeah I haven't talked to Dan today, but Im gonna call him tomorrow to see if hes pumped the gas out yet . Well I mean later today.. its 12:30 here... Im going to suggest what you guys are saying, pumping it out sounded a little bit sketchy to me too. wacko.gif But maybe I heard him wrong?

I think I finally decided on a CD deck. Its the one thats probably at your Walmart too. Its got a cover with the knobs and switches and no screen, when you turn it on the cover pulls down and the screen is there, its pretty tight. From what you guys are saying I think Im just going to NOT smoke the lights. Id rather be safe than sorry.(or ghetto)

Things Im searching for now:
1. Exaust - I really need this out of anything. Could anyone fabricate me something for not-too-much-$? OR Where could I get a custom one made?

2. Rear Hatch Hydralics - I think I might put up a topic in the WTB section, hopefully I can find these for pretty cheap.

3. Wheels - Some nice looking wheels preferable 5 spoke and the same size as the stock wheels for not too much. (Sixteen yearolds dont have the deepest pockets.)

4. More things to come as I run into problems/wants.

Alot of the project depends on if he has the engine running, once thats working its gonna take off. Then once its painted and in my posession I can really fidle around with it. Ill feel safe buying stuff. Dont wanna buy stuff for a car thats not running.

JEFFtheJ00la

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
take it to an exhaust shop in your area. 2 1/4 piping seems to be pretty popular

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
go to a junk yard for your rims teggy rims look nice and get someone in auto body class at school throw a exhaust together for or just do what JEFFtheJ00la said peace and good luck and go get me some pics now laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif i joke i joke

peace
mitch smile.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Nah, they guy is 16, he def hasnt aquired that taste yet. If you want aftermarket, find some clean Rota's just dont go to walmart for wheels!!! stay away from the universal fit wheels those are mega-ultra-super gay... I personally think almost all einki's are rly ugly... but who is to say u gotta pay a lot for some aftermarket wheels or used ones those suck too.

I highly recomend you find some integra GSR(slant spoke), or LS(mesh...mmm mesh) wheels. The newer SI/EX wheels with the 7 spokes are also quite sexy and all of those are OE honda quality wheels that will look very good AND wont break your wallet.
I had 97(i think) Civic HX wheels on my civic and loved them, they werent the sexiest but they worked very well and were increadibly light.

Exhaust: cut everything off after the CAT and it wont be too loud AND it will sound pretty good!! It did for me!!! once you get a few dollars save, order a PaceSetter catback from ebay, Ive heard good things about that kit as a stock replacement. I believe that sys runs around $160+ if I remember correctly
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 11 2006, 03:03 AM)
I had 97(i think) Civic HX wheels on my civic and loved them, they werent the sexiest but they worked very well and were increadibly light.

Althought they aren't "era appropriate" I have to say I am jealous at them. BTW: I believe Jeff has a set for sale.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Man I was actually looking at Wal-Mart spinners. How can you not like those? Their all nice looking, and wellbuilt... and... SPINNY! ohmy.gif

Now back to our demension... ph34r.gif

I really like Mesh wheels too! I dont like many aftermarket wheels, their either too generic, the gay, or modern looking.(rounded, bubbly, or complicated) At first I wanted to go for a B&W aproach to everything with my car, black car and white wheels. But I think silver or Gun metal would be a bit more subtle and just as good, if not better because of ease to find, and most wheels look better silver anyways.

Looking at the RPR's top 3G topic

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=19274

I saw two sets that I really liked.

EA hatche's old rims. I like these ALOT more than his new ones.
http://img64.imagesh...4/5885/75yp.jpg
Have any idea what those are?

I also like one of 3gencivic's wheels.
http://www.redpepper...agstrip 001.jpg
The front left one in that picture.. Again anyone know what it is? I really think a set of those would look really nice on a black civy.(Because Im too lazy to type out civic, but I will burn the energy explaining myself. Its the American way!)

Once I have the car I think the first two things Im going to do is:

1. Get the exaust

2. Get the CD deck. Im final on which CD deck I'm getting, Ill be picking it up as soon as I hear that the car is running. Im getting one from Wal-Mart.
http://walmart.scosc...oductID=4891100

ph34r.gif

Dan just called, he said that they pumped out the bad gas... but not with the FI's. Whew. I think I did just heard him wrong. He also talked about what I wanted to.

His friend from some Nascar school is going to come look at the car and give him an estimate for a complete restoration. That means exaust, fuel pump, brakes, fuel tank, and anything else they find that might need fixing. I told him I think thats what I wanted to do, this is going to be a DD. It has to be running anything I do too it needs to not take so long to change, alot of this stuff would take alot of time. I feel like Im kinda cheating because I really wanted to work on the car myself. Hes gonna be giving me an estimate tomorrow, Ill keep you guys updated.

Edited by warder, 11 August 2006 - 11:28 AM.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
EA hatche's old rims are integra special editions. "I think" or GSR rims. And who doesn't want meshies?

I think devion has an awesome set too. Just a min and I will find

Nope, i was mistaken
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Im not 100% since my memory isnt great but I do believe those are LS mesh wheels which are probably the coolest stock wheels available.
The newer(01+) civic EX's(?) came with a 5star wheel that was veery sharp I believe but that might just be an optional wheel. you're gona have to browse around honda-tech.com to find that one though.
-zak

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
These are HX's

SI/EX's

Rota slipstreams, look verrry good on the car

Mugen CF-48 seems to be the mugen of choice since they are era correct

Mugen M7

BTW my previous post aboot the LS mesh wheels, they are indeed from the LS
-zak

cirrux

• a work in progress
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX 1.6i-16
I on the other hand have heard not so good things about the pacesetter catback kit. I would talk to people that have the kit on their car and see if they are happy with theirs. I would personally just go to a shop and have them do it. then its done to your spec, the way you want it!

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah I like the LS wheels. I think I'm going to look for a set of those. Along with the Slipstreams, those are pretty sharp looking. Pretty much exactly what I was originally looking for except black instead of white or silver. They probably sell them that way, or I could paint them, no biggy. Tomorrow Ill let you guys know exactly what this "reconstruction" would be. It would include the exaust so I think its going to be custom made.

I know alot of people like those Mugen CF-48's but I dont really like those... It looks like theres something behind there that needs to be aircooled. wacko.gif I've never actually seen them on a car though.

Ive noticed just changing the wheel style makes the civics look so different. Its got a big impact on the look of the car.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Quick update... NOTHING NEW! dry.gif

Cant get in touch with Dan!