The Black Pepper

• You cannot reply to this topic
158 replies to this topic

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
wow thats crazy but its funny it doesnt even sound like you cared about that car can you say set up laugh.gif you went out the and started that fire didnt you ???? or you sent your little hoobit buddy sam from the lord of the rings dont front i know i know and if you want me to keep it quiet you must send 1000.000 dollars to my house or you little hobbit friend is going to jail laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif no but that sucks but atleast you have the honda wink.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
Yeah.. I really didnt care about the car, but it sucks really hard not having any transportation! I was actually thinking of doing the side exaust. After looking under the car it would have to go out the passenger side... Does anyone know how I would go about replacing the left E-brake cable? blink.gif

$30 for a new E-brake cable.. Awesome! dry.gif

Edited by warder, 04 October 2006 - 06:43 AM.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Update.. sorta:

Havent been getting anything done lately, Im in between jobs so I dont have enough money to insure it yet, Im putting in my application for a job tomorrow. The insurance is going to be $1050 a year. Around $88 a month, I guess its not that bad. I bought the new Emergency brake cable and got it in.. I never want to "tang" anything ever again! When we were bleeding the brakes again because of having to relieve the pressure on the rear left drum, something happened...

My friend was pumping the brakes, then I heard a POP! PSHHHhhhhh... and I look across from under the car and it turns out the front left hose was busted. I got the wheel off I found out what was wrong... The way I mounted the hoses, they rubbed on the inner side of the wheel when its turned all the way to one side or the other...... GRRR

Just wasted $30 on those damn brake hoses, I ordered replacements and put them in, making sure that they wont rub. Guess thats a life lesson.. Its good they busted then instead of when Im on the road!

As soon as things start rolling again on the car Im going to be doing the body work. Also have some rust patches to make on the floorboard I discovered while working on the brakes. Once the car is registered and insured Im going to go to a custom exaust shop and get a moderate system put in, like 2" or maybe 2.25". Ive also got a pretty cool idea for the rear half of the interior... smile.gif

Expect more upates to start up again soon!

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
mad.gif

Its officially canceled....

I cant do the Black Pepper.

I dont have the money, or the time. Thats my moms car. I got ran off the road the other night by truck while going around a corner, I went up the bank 3-5 feet and rolled back down. My parents said either they can turn it into insurance and my insurance will skyrocket to ungodly amounts, or I can pay for the repairs myself. Its probably going to be a little under $2000. Im getting another job to help pay for the repairs. Im not going to be able to do anything to my civic.
I havent decided exactly what Im doing yet, but Ive got to get rid of the Civic and get a more reliable car. Im thinking of just selling it as it is. I dunno, its not reliable enough and I dont have the know how or experience to keep it.

I dunno what I should do... sad.gif

Im thinking of selling it on here. 1986 SI. Its got a little under 200,000 miles on it.

Pros:
Brand New integra front rotors, callipers, pads(used for ~5 miles)
Brand New rear drums, shoes, and hoses (same as above, left E-brake cable was just replaced)
New alternator
New battery
New alternator belt
Just got oil changed
new oil filter
new air filter
new spark plugs (NGK Iridiums)
Fuel lines replaced
flushed radiator system
Runs good

Cons:
200,000 miles on it
Bad body work
Rust of corse, right infront of the left wheel, and one small hole in the rear left side of the floorboard.
A/C is questionable, there is no belt, and it needs the chemicals.
Clutch squeeks sometimes when you push it all the way down.(bad throwout bearing?)
Tires need replaced.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
2000? Is there anything else wrong other than the fender/bumper? Has it got unibody damage that needs pulling?

If not, you should be able to find the bumper and fender of matching color in a newer year salvage yard.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Oct 29 2006, 09:03 PM)
2000? Is there anything else wrong other than the fender/bumper? Has it got unibody damage that needs pulling?

If not, you should be able to find the bumper and fender of matching color in a newer year salvage yard.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. maybe a $300 fix.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I think it might have some frame damage. sad.gif That whole corner is all messed up, right behind the bumper hit the same time the wheel did. We're getting an estimate tomorrow for the repair.

I think these cars are coming after me! huh.gif unsure.gif Everytime I see one I get the chills.

EDIT: Or maybe the civic is sabotaging our other cars at night... hmmm

Edited by warder, 29 October 2006 - 09:14 PM.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
Yeah, it will depend on your speed. If you're lucky, the bumper just pushed/nagled the fender... But depending on how fast you were going/how steel the bank was, the PS beam might be bent upwards. This would suck cause that will emediatly = like 400+ just to pull it streight. Thad that's not counting the time they'll have to spend to strip toe front end to get it ready for the pull >_>

It really sucks. Sorry to see this.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah, I felt so bad when it happened. Like I got out of the car screaming obseneties(sp) and running around jumping and screaming. As I was headed twards the bank and as soon as the traction control kicked in I started saying "shit" louder and louder until I hit, by the point the car stopped moving I was screaming it. I hit the bank going about 20-30, the way I hit it the wheel took most of the impact I think. If I would have been turned anymore I would have rolled it, and if I would have it it more striaght on the airbags would have gone off and the whole front would have been messed up.