• Group: Contributing Member
dead link. cant wait to see the wiki back
grimms mom

CoritoCrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Crx Si, 91 Crx DX
I'm new 2 the forum & I have a question: I have an 85 Si that I was putting a new head on & the middle head bolt stripped when I was torquing it down. Upon removal, we realized it had an old heli coil on it. So needless 2 say I do NOT want 2 heli coil this bolt back in, as i'm not confident it will hold. A friend of mine told me about TimeSerts & I was wondering if any members had this similar situation & how u handled it? HELP!!!! (pleeeeease)

wingy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
    Garage View Garage
Ok guys I got a hard one.......i have an 1987 crx si with the d15a3 its from cali and its pistons are in backwards....i dont know who or why but the vavle reliefs are on the the wrong sides ie. Two on the exhaust one on the intake....now if this was a mod someone tried for more power or just a mess up I dont know but it does seem torqy maybe it was done like people did the old mopars to increase comp ratio maybe they werent paying attn. If a previous owner is reading this tell me why. If anybody has insight to this please let me know

JcleanDrx1stM

• apple jack
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
bump

Ok guys I got a hard one.......i have an 1987 crx si with the d15a3 its from cali and its pistons are in backwards....i dont know who or why but the vavle reliefs are on the the wrong sides ie. Two on the exhaust one on the intake....now if this was a mod someone tried for more power or just a mess up I dont know but it does seem torqy maybe it was done like people did the old mopars to increase comp ratio maybe they werent paying attn. If a previous owner is reading this tell me why. If anybody has insight to this please let me know

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si d15a3, 1989 chevy silverado1500 350 v8
http://www.redpepper...021#entry560200.

Yes please

redraph85crx

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1985 crx 12v cvcc devacced
Got an 85 crx and a b18 I'm looking to mate, got any links for wiring?

Haanpää

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Project Civic -86 and daily MB C180 -97

I have EDM ZC Browntop engine in my -86 Civic and I'm confused with my new timingbelt tensioner... Should it just bolt right into block or does it need some kinda spacer, because new tensioner doesnt line up with other pulleys if i bolt it right into the block. Its few months ago when i tear apart the engine so its possible that I have lost that spacer.