88 Front End.

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

a_drunk_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Rex....with a 350 in it.
Well i dont know if im the first but i was wondering if i could get sum help. I was continplating putting a front end off of an 88 rex onto my 87 Si. If yo uguys could hit me up with sum thoughts or problems that i might run into it would b greatly appreciated.

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
QUOTE (a_drunk_guy @ Aug 19 2004, 02:03 PM)
Well i dont know if im the first but i was wondering if i could get sum help. I was continplating putting a front end off of an 88 rex onto my 87 Si. If yo uguys could hit me up with sum thoughts or problems that i might run into it would b greatly appreciated.

why not just buy a 2nd gen then?

bridgework1812

• Almost breathing
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx dx, 88 civic sedan, , 82 Suzuki 850, 89 Prelude S, 88 crx hf
problems

how it mounts will be differnt.

the doorlines will be different

it will be wider

and possibly longer

hood shape around the cowel will be different

but with a welder, cutting torch and some patience, anything is possible

user posted image
La Forza del Destino

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (a_drunk_guy @ Aug 19 2004, 02:03 PM)

Okay so how drunk are you? biggrin.gif

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Dont think its worth the work or money. Your going to do a lot of teadious work making it fit better off just buying a 2g crx. But if you really want to try just buy the whole front clip with radiator support and all that stuff and see if your up to it.

Julian

skrzastek

if your really up to it, there is a JDM front end on ebay right now

a_drunk_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well actualy im not drunk at this point and i am deffinatly up to the work. so far this rex has had to undergo sum seriouse work and bringing it back to life wasnt easy but its there and now its time to get rid of all the rust and give it a face lift. How much wider is it goin to b. bc thid is the only problem i see.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
may I suggest a free trial? Go to a junkyard, pull a 2nd gen CRX or Civic front bumper. ry to see how it may fit against a 1st gen CRX or 3rd gen Civic. You can physically see what you need to fabricate.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Maybe these will help to show the differences?

My 2 cents...

- 2g looks wider than 1g
- lines aren't gonna look good, but I guess that could be solved
- If it just needs a makeover.. your gonna fid it much easier to just get another 1g bumper, and mod it to your liking.

Kirk
No more CRX

a_drunk_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Does neone know the width of the 2gen to the 1st gen? what the actual measurements would b? We are in the middle of the teg D16A1 motor swap right now and building a B16 for later use. We are trying to do sumthing that is original....lambo doors, split hood, clean up the lines a bit, stuff like that...just giving the 1G a new lease on life and giving us a unique show car. biggrin.gif

sibfox

• llllooooooo000000OOOO ~click zeeeeEEEEERRRRRRR!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Hachi Roku Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
dont cut up the 1st gen... the front of the car is to sexy to be replaced by a 2nd gen's
Is there anything on these damn cars that IS hard to repair?

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
I got this one guys hold on

Board Rules
1. Be nice, respect others
2. Avatars: no naked, or nearly naked, women or men, well, people of any kind really.
3. Subjects to be avoided: -
- Saturn (the car company)
- Lamborghini door mods - AWD Civic/CRX's
4. Enjoy!

Thanks
Tom

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
BUSTED!!! Now Ghostone will send his BearShark (that he has slain and taken control of) after you. Hide!!!

Lambo doors aren't unique. If you wanna be unique have the doors fold down, like on an airplane. Add a few steps, or just a slide. Hehe

Do what you will.. we really can't stop you. If you got your mind set on somethin.. no ones opinion should matter.

I will try to take a tape measure to my friends bumper. Peace.

Kirk

Edited by 87Si, 24 August 2004 - 01:12 PM.

No more CRX

a_drunk_guy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
sorry for mentioning the door mods. I just thouhgt i would mention what we were doin. Thank u 87Si tho for tryin to check that for me. I cant seem to find neone else around here with a 2g or even just a 1g. I am the only one. mad.gif NO GOOD.

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
if you want the front end to resemble the 2g then i would recommend buying the 2g mugen replica body kit. It was going for like 400-500 bucks on ebay and would probably turn out better then welding on a 2g front clip. by just looking at the 2 crx's you can tell that it just won't look right. but I'm not stopping you if you want to do it. it will definately be something different.

SportInjectedClub