"official" Rpr T-shirt

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

Poll: rpr t-shirt

t-shirt color

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Ink color

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

logo placement

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sgt. Pepper

I am starting this thread simply to discuss what you guys/gals would like to see on an RPR t-shirt. Don't tell me how many you want. Don't ask me how much they will be. We are just gonna throw around ideas and hopefully come up with a nice t-shirt that everyone will like. Here are my thoughts so far:

1. short sleeve t-shirt
2. no picture of a 1G/3G, just logo/graphics
3. stick with the website's main colors
4. keep it simple
5. screenprinted, not embroidered (and no patches)
6. Hanes Beefy-T is best t-shirt choice
7. t-shirt should be 1 color only
8. logo should be 1 or 2 colors max (more ink colors/logo locations=more $$)
9. t-shirts must be paid for BEFORE I place the order (via paypal)
10. proceeds will benefit Tom (RPR) as usual

I won't start taking orders until a design is decided on, in which time I will start a new thread. Until then, all discussions should happen in this thread. I would like to have shirts done and on our backs by summer time. My wife will do the artwork and my usual t-shirt supplier will do the printing. Whether you vote or not, please add your comments to better help the decision making. I would like this to be a universal design that all RPR members can wear by keeping images of 1Gs/3Gs off of it. I would also like to wrap up the jackets and hoodies before I start taking $$ for these. Once an order deadline is set, I will stick to it - no late comers. I will ship outside the US for an additional fee - of course.

Once again, this is a discussion thread - not an order placing thread. Don't tell me how many you want or ask how much they are.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Jaminak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 1500 Coupe, 89 Cherokee
The shirt needs to be a different color than the jacket and hoodie. You know, for when you wear them all at the same time. biggrin.gif

I vote red.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (Jaminak @ Jan 17 2009, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The shirt needs to be a different color than the jacket and hoodie. You know, for when you wear them all at the same time. biggrin.gif

I agree. I also think "redpepperracing.com" should go across the front and the cirlce logo (3"-4") on the upper back of the shirt. Red shirt/white ink. Just one of my ideas.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
BLACK TSHIRT

If it ends up being a black tshirt, i really dont care whats on it as long as it has something to do with RedPepper. Ill buy several.
Posted Image

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX,05 Honda CRV, My Wife Up a Wall
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 17 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I also think "redpepperracing.com" should go across the front and the cirlce logo (3"-4") on the upper back of the shirt. Red shirt/white ink. Just one of my ideas.

x2
"Horsepower sets how fast you hit the wall. Torque sets the size of the hole."

"... the motor car was poetry and tragedy, love and heroism." - Sinclair Lewis

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
I think it would be better with redpepperracing inthe front across the chest area and the RPR LOGO BIG in the back..... i think ill look better that way......

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
i am open minded all around; as long as it rep's RPR I am down to sport it.

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Like the idea. But, will there be sizing for the BIG BONED GUYS? laugh.gif

BLACK FTW.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (flashmatrix @ Jan 17 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like the idea. But, will there be sizing for the BIG BONED GUYS? laugh.gif

BLACK FTW.

Any size up to 3X (maybe even 4x) depending.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
black shirt, red text, white logo
left chest & medium back

I think this would come out looking the nicest... the picture I have in mind looks pretty sharp, we have the luxury of having a cool logo wink.gif

other thoughts, I love sporting my RPR merch but I don't want to scream it at people; to me, that's TRYING too hard- I like to make it clear that I dig my rpr but keep it tasteful
I've had these conversations with the design girls at school before btw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Keep it simple and i'll buy one. No huge logos because i hate shirts with huge logos...

86 crx

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Computer @ Jan 18 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep it simple and i'll buy one. No huge logos because i hate shirts with huge logos...

thats a better way of what I was trying to say. thanks
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

'85-SI

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 CRX SI, '98 Mercedes SL500, '99 body dropped Tacoma, '08 Husqvarna SM610
    • Image Gallery
I like the idea of full back and center chest logo, I have a few shirts like that and it looks good???

Sgt. Pepper

This is not directed to anyone in particular, just a general statement.

I am thinking of dropping this like a "hot potato". I am continually having to beg and plea for payments (ie. hoodies, calendars, jackets) and I am getting tired of it. Everyone wants their stuff NOW, but not in a hurry to respond to PMs and emails. These orders take a lot of my time to organize and keep up to date and I don't seem to get cooperation. I will follow through with the jackets, hoodies and ball caps - but the t-shirts may not happen. To those who pay on a timely manner - thank you.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
How about you just make a couple for me. I need more car orientated tshirts. Ive still got my old ass cafepress RPR shirt.
Posted Image