National Carbs

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Texrex

• In Texas we measure distances by how long it takes to get there.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87' CRX DX
    Garage View Garage
Has anyone here bought a carb from these guys before?National Carburetors I was thinking of buying a second one so I can tune one for gas mileage and the other for performance. Just wondering if they're as good as they say.

Texrex
"You are what you do when it counts"

crazi-85crx

Are you planning on a stock replacement from them? They're offaly expensive! If so, I'd try asking some of the other RPR members in Texas, I'm sure someone has plenty of stock carbs they'd let go for cheap.

Texrex

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
you don't think they're worth having some one else rebuild and tune? I have yet to attempt rebuilding my carb and although i've heard that it's easy... easy is relative. I kind of wanted a back-up. Or I guess more importantly, i wanted a good carb on my car, now (so i can drive it), while I play with the old beat-up one that i've got. I'm not sure I can afford to modify or replace my IM to adapt a superior quality carb like a weber, and then also buy a weber or another performance carb to install. I can totally afford 240.00 for one rebuilt stock carb, though. Is that really expensive?? Cause I'd rather spend like 100.00 you know? If anybody knows of someone that sells rebuilt carbs, without me having to send them mine, please let me know. Especially if they sell for less than 240.00
Hell, i know that my carb needs a rebuild and i've got everything but the springs to rebuild it with. But it sure works like crap right now and i'm lazy...

Texrex

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
for about that much you could go to FI with good gas milage and better power, while you're at it you could have a fresh cyl head

I live in houston and I have 3 carbs- one on my civc DX, 1 sitting(a little busted up the actual shape is unknown), and one sitting in my room set up for mechanical secondaries and cleaned up nicely(got rid of all the useless stuff)in a million pieces waiting a rebuild kit. Have you checked for vacuum leaks already? thats probably the issue also if you get any problems with vacuum and all that trash, I recommend de-vac'ing it. on second thought, I just looked at another post of yours..NVM.
shat...jus bring it over here I live on the S/E side and I'll take care of it!
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Texrex

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Don't carbs usually get better gas mileage? when in good condition? I wanted a carbed car for a while. You know run it into the ground and then swap in a b15 or d16 FI and play with something else later.
I've got everything to rebuild a carb but new springs and I think they might be a problem anyways. I can't find them anywhere. I'm about to say screw and rebuid my carb anyways but I'd like to do the whole thing proper.