• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2003 dodge SRT-4, 1986 CRX Si
QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 19 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back...  i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes  for those bolts..  

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..

yeah, thats how I have the sunroof mouted right now....the dx comes with the pre drilled and pre-threaded holes already, so its a matter of cutting a hole on the roof, and mounting the sunroof...

v8killa, would you happen to have pics of the top of your roof? I want to see how it looks like from the top with the sunroof open. Do you think you could take a couple of pics of the sunroof open and closed? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

There are 4 bolts in the back, two in the front and two per side...they are 10 mm

as for the gutter area, the sunroof pan acts as a gutter I think. I'll upload pics tomorrow morning...just a matter of getting them from my PC to this one.

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (v8killa @ Jun 19 2005, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 19 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back...  i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes  for those bolts..  

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..

yeah, thats how I have the sunroof mouted right now....the dx comes with the pre drilled and pre-threaded holes already, so its a matter of cutting a hole on the roof, and mounting the sunroof...

v8killa, would you happen to have pics of the top of your roof? I want to see how it looks like from the top with the sunroof open. Do you think you could take a couple of pics of the sunroof open and closed? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

There are 4 bolts in the back, two in the front and two per side...they are 10 mm

as for the gutter area, the sunroof pan acts as a gutter I think. I'll upload pics tomorrow morning...just a matter of getting them from my PC to this one.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
thanks! those pics prove that i WILL put a pwoer roof in my civic.. but i just need to find the power roof assembly
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Sideliner

QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 20 2005, 08:13 PM)
thanks!  those pics prove that i WILL put a pwoer roof in my civic..  but i just need to find the power roof assembly

The sun roof has 4 drain tubes that get rid of the water. 2 smaller ones in the front that channel through the pillars to daylight in the front fender well area, and two larger ones in the back that do the same in the rear.

-=Playboy=-

• Honda! Bloody man's car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.5i 1984 Ballade Sports, Honda CRX Si 1985 ZC
    Garage View Garage

Shit! I never knew you could remove the enitre thing...I learn something new everytime i visit this forum!

+ that 1st pic you posted looks like your crx is matblack...I think that dry matt black look is real mean looking. If i get another unsure.gif crx i might do that.

Shit I might aswell attempt to fix my sunroof on my red 1.5i since im selling it, might get some extra $bling$ if the sunroof works

Edited by -=Playboy=-, 22 June 2005 - 02:39 PM.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (V8killa @ Jun 20 2005, 10:47 AM)

That last photo brings forth a question, though. Has anyone ever had a clear CRX moonroof, or are they only the painted "not clear" kind? I mean, the Accord & the Prelude have that extra little door thingy that covers over the sunroof/moonroof from the inside. Has anyone done that for a CRX?

Edited by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs, 22 June 2005 - 05:04 PM.

TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

incubusfan21

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si
Just the the metal pannel for the sunroof. Theres no room for the blinder to open into the room which is why the sun roof opens over the top of the roof. I think it's better that way looks wise any ways.
Dem
Boyz
Racing

Ride Syndicate !

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
yes the civic non power roof also has drain tubes... they go down past the back window and come out behind teh rear bumper..

yeah it sucks that they only have body coloured moonroofs on the si's ... maybe someone can put on a glass one..
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (incubusfan21 @ Jun 22 2005, 06:18 PM)
Just the the metal pannel for the sunroof. Theres no room for the blinder to open into the room which is why the sun roof opens over the top of the roof. I think it's better that way looks wise any ways.

I might attempt putting a window IN the existing sunroof. as for a blinder I wioll do the same thing that BMW does to their mini's...just make a sort of shade that unravels.

I need to take some closeups of the CRX but I haven't gotton a chance too yet sorry dude!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 22 2005, 07:13 PM)
yes the civic non power roof also has drain tubes... they go down past the back window and come out behind teh rear bumper..

yeah it sucks that they only have body coloured moonroofs on the si's ... maybe someone can put on a glass one..

Too bad the '80s are gone. I knew glass shops that had the entire glass kit setups with fabric or vinyl blinders. Most of those shops sold out to macco or bill kings.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey!, how is that install coming along. I wonder if all the rex's have the bolts set for the stock sunroof? Meaning that if it needed or not would it still be there? Also, today while I was looking for something totally unrelated in the chiltons I ran across Page 10-32 which showed bolt mounts and the support frame for the sunroof (the support frame is part of the sunroof assembly) If you needed that info.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 26 2005, 10:33 AM)
Hey!, how is that install coming along.  I wonder if all the rex's have the bolts set for the stock sunroof?  Meaning that if it needed or not would it still be there?  Also, today while I was looking for something totally unrelated in the chiltons I ran across Page 10-32 which showed bolt mounts and the support frame for the sunroof (the support frame is  part of the sunroof assembly)  If you needed that info.

so I have taken off my headliner and yes the mounting points are all there, except the 2 front ones near the windshield, these will have to be drilled and tapped.

The roof will also have to be reinforced so I will be welding some extra metal to create the "lip" which the sunroof seals the roof with. This will be a little tough, but doable.

I will post some pics when I can borrow someone's digi camera.

Edited by pack23, 27 June 2005 - 09:40 AM.

deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Where in New Mexico are you pack23?
If your in the East I'm not far from you at all...
I might have to bring the camara and check it out.
Tom/RPR: You know you are hardcore when you remove the SEAT COVER!
Lubbock, TX representing. Ya HeaRd! :)

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (deadpool7372 @ Jun 27 2005, 09:18 PM)

I am in Albuquerque, so not sure I am very close to you at all...I will see if I can borrow a camera from work.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 28 2005, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (deadpool7372 @ Jun 27 2005, 09:18 PM)

I am in Albuquerque, so not sure I am very close to you at all...I will see if I can borrow a camera from work.

Dude, thats only a 6 hour drive.