Which One Would You Buy?

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Let’s pretend one of these is the new ’09 CRX. Which one would you buy

#1:

or

#2: The one in my signature

OR Neither...

Let me here it
"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
#2 in your sig.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The old insight photoshop is way better looking.
Posted Image

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
i can only see your sig, (again navy computers suck) but i like it, still wouldnt buy an intro model though, id wai a couple years
grimms mom

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Is that a CR-Z in the first picture? If so, that is closest to anything that will come to the market.

Not certain the Type R is going to be sold to the public. I can only dream of a K series in a 2800 lbs car. OK, let me rephrase that: A K series in a 2800 lbs car from the factory.

The last I heard, the CR-Z is going to be sold only as a hybrid.... but a sporting hybrid. My wife is counting the days when she can ditch her 335i BMW for the CR-Z.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
that would be cool if they could re tool the insight factory's to make new crx's
i remember reading HT and a guy swaped a K into one and calld it the K-sight,lol
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
none of the above. ph34r.gif

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
Hmmm

Ive driven the new CTR (was very nice)

Must say though for looks id chose number #2

Though id just rather a 1G crx wink.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jul 12 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that a CR-Z in the first picture? If so, that is closest to anything that will come to the market.

Not certain the Type R is going to be sold to the public. I can only dream of a K series in a 2800 lbs car. OK, let me rephrase that: A K series in a 2800 lbs car from the factory.

The last I heard, the CR-Z is going to be sold only as a hybrid.... but a sporting hybrid. My wife is counting the days when she can ditch her 335i BMW for the CR-Z.

Scott

No, it is not the cr-z. It's the '08 Euro Civic type R (3-door) they also have a 5 door.

Here is the CR-Z

and

This is the concept car the "real" one is going on sale in 2009 as a 2010 model. From what I've read that "concept" car is pretty close to the production model.

Edited by rwdcrx, 13 July 2008 - 07:55 AM.

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
Its a nice thought, but its most likely over-engineered, which kind of takes away a lot of the enjoyment we all get from our cars.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Sig pic for sure. Im suprised nobody has tried actually doing that to one.. I see a project coming on...

86 crx

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm surprised nobody likes the 3-door type R. Or is it that you only like it as a civic, not as a crx.

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
QUOTE (rwdcrx @ Jul 13 2008, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this car would look 1,000 x better if they lowered the top of the back to give it a more stream line shape
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (84b18 @ Jul 13 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this car would look 1,000 x better if they lowered the top of the back to give it a more stream line shape

I've read the drag coefficient was between .3-.25. .3 seems high and .25 seems low, I'd say .27. In any case it's pretty streamlined. Also the shape of the back has to do with the streamlining. I suspect that if the back were lower, the drag would be higher.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
im not liking the yellow or the white one as the rear is alot like the new 07 si ciivc i have an it BLOWS you cant see out the back over the rear i see sky that is it. the rear needs to get lowerd back down alot. like a good 5-6 inches to match the fornt of the car. thats my opinion though..