New 84-87 Civic/crx Dohc Hybrid Article..

• You cannot reply to this topic
55 replies to this topic

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Whats the deal...I need that article...I had it printed out somewhere I lost it a long time ago...anyone have this info to do this swap...I kinda know how...but just need it..lol help..TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
i despise you

pynikalAK

• ||-||(())||\||||))//-\\
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic sedan, 1993 civic coupe ex, 06 scion xb (FS)
error 404....... sad.gif
The replacement for displacement is technology.
user posted image

||-|| (()) ||\|| ||)) //-\\

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Aaron636 @ Nov 14 2004, 04:11 AM)

Fine, here you go. mad.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Original link fixt. wink.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

afm27

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CIVIC CRX SI 1500
is this swap info legit? ive been wanting to swap out the stock motor for something with a little more POWER!!! ne body have any good info on wiring? and possible some feedback on if this zc/d16a swap is worth the work...........my friend is getting rid of his stock 98ex motor and its up for grabs .............will this swap info also aply if i were to swap this in? obviously the hydro tranny conversion, but should wiring be similar and wut not.........any feedback is welcome.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (afm27 @ Feb 3 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is this swap info legit? ive been wanting to swap out the stock motor for something with a little more POWER!!! ne body have any good info on wiring? and possible some feedback on if this zc/d16a swap is worth the work...........my friend is getting rid of his stock 98ex motor and its up for grabs .............will this swap info also aply if i were to swap this in? obviously the hydro tranny conversion, but should wiring be similar and wut not.........any feedback is welcome.

The swap is very worth the effort. Sooo much power. You use the teg harness and the wiring should be just as simple. Good luck.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

a4x0n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 1987 CRX DX
"This install article is mainly aimed at folks who have a programmed fuel injected (pgmfi) Si model 86-87 Civic or CRX."

huh, it doesn't work on the 85 CRX Si???

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (a4x0n @ May 30 2007, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"This install article is mainly aimed at folks who have a programmed fuel injected (pgmfi) Si model 86-87 Civic or CRX."

huh, it doesn't work on the 85 CRX Si???

Yes, it does, the author made a mistake. There is nothing different enough about the 85 to invalidate the article.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

dkyk25

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
great article..

on wiring I found the Kakabox's write up really helpful. can't find it now huh.gif , anyone know where it is?
I found the wiring colors little different on my 87 CRX Si (Kakabox was Civic hatch)

according to the write up, 3 wires that need to be extended from the stock Civic/CRX FI harness are:
- red/white
- green/black
- black/yellow

on MY 87 CRX Si, the colors were:
- red/white
- yellow <---*********
- black/yellow

My yellow wire is in the same position as the Kakabox's green/black. so I just used that one(yellow wire) and followed the instruction as if it was the green/blk.
Recyling is not the answer. Using less to begin with is.

az_1st_gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda crx ew1
dude none of the links will work for me it will start to load the page then go to internet explorer cannot display this webpage, i even tried just going to technet.ff-squad.com and it wont work either idk what to do,
when you lost you called me a cheater, you couldnt hang with the 1.5L
1st gen for the win

Drive-By

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 3g AE53 civic Brown Top
Great article, very informative. Thanks dude

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
sorry to bump this old thread, but I need a bit of clarification. I'm almost ready to drop in my motor, and I spent part of the morning sorting motor mounts.

according to Rear Engine Bracket section:
Fig.12-13 show design/shape differences between the civ/crx & integra rear brackets, and obviously, you need to stick with the civ/crx bracket in lieu of the compatibility factor.

does the 2 piece rear trans mount bracket not work at all? it seems more substantial, and it appears as it would work. I don't mind trying the old fashioned way, but if its known to not work at all, it'll save me a few steps.

thanks...

Edited by oldschoolimport, 16 August 2008 - 01:01 AM.

wes g.

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
not that anyone is interested, but I made a simple jig and stacked the 2 mounts tonight. by my crude measurements, I can't see why the integra mount won't work. it looks beefier, and I don't have to build shims to space out the manifold brace. we'll see in about 2 weeks when I drop the motor in.
wes g.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
I used the CRX mount and the integra bracket, absolutely no problems, even with a built engine.