Noir - A Slow And Sleepy Rebuild Of A Gen 1

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Trying something a bit different. Found out that mugen made a rear internal anti roll bar with a 23 mm torsion bar replacing the stock 19mm.  Given the chance of finding one are ano metre slim - I have only seen one advertised in the last 15 years - I looked at how to get the same effect. Stiffness in a bar varies to the fourth power of the thickness. So a 23mm bar is a bit over twice the stiffness of the 19mm. (0.46 is the actual ratio). I have therefore cut a spare internal bar at around 0.46 and will be welding it up. Going to be very interesting seeing what happens. For information, the hardness of the bar I cut varied a lot.  I am using a welded bolt and an end plate to fasten the now free end of internal torsion bar.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

CSPCRX

Why do you feel the internal bar system that came in the axle would be better than an aftermarket external bar system?

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

I have a number of period mugen performance bits.  Showa front shocks, mugen rear springs, mugen lsd for the CG series gearbox. Looking to put together a car with as much mugen performance bits or replicas as I can.  Also, it i a different way to normal to do the rear, and using the factory setup as the base appeals.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

CSPCRX

Got you! Very cool.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily