What Color To Paint My Car Help!

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

macguyver

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Ok I'm going to be painting my car, here the thing what color does not show up dirt! this one is currently deep black and its beautiful, but keeping it like that is next to impossible. I'm def going for a lighter color, I've been looking at the following colors and would like your imput which one do you think would look great on a crx and the least to show dirt. Also I would be interested in other colors that would not show up dirt, minus browns or tans.

Pearl white which gives the white a yellow look too it. not the best but a friend says that it does not even show dirt

artic blue this is the color on the toyota echo it looks like a pastel baby blue girlfriend likes this color

gunmetal gray saw this on a truck not the best color but people say gray does not show up dirt. I'm ruling out silver because, with all the crazy suv drivers out they will mistake you for part of the road

Oh anyone have one of those deep maroon colors i love that color but I suspect it would be nasty to take care of.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
i wouldnt even consider painting my car a color that my GF likes!

that being said,

the champagne color doesnt show dirt (wouldnt look right tho)

silver is bad for another reason you may not be thinking of
it shows dents and if poorly painted looks TERRIBLE!!!!!

is it really that hard to wash your car once a week? I do it all the time!?!?!\

UPDATE THE LOCATION ON YOUR PROFILE AND TELL US A GHOST STORY!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

macguyver

• Granny
  • Pip
I drive over 100 miles a day often through an area that has lots of wind which makes the car look like it been through a war zone at least on black it does. I wash and wax my car every week

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Red, or steel blue.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I've always liked this color, my blue crx does not show dirt at all unless you get it wet and my silver crx doesn't show it to bad so I would think this color would be forgiving.

RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

macguyver

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Jun 20 2006, 07:28 PM)
I've always liked this color, my blue crx does not show dirt at all unless you get it wet and my silver crx doesn't show it to bad so I would think this color would be forgiving.

what color is that to be exact I like that color too

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
squeaky clean biggrin.gif

and then after 200klms of mucky logging roads mad.gif

candies are nice and all, but they really showcase newb bodywork, paint and it looks like crap even with light dust.

i wash my car once a week or so, never polished only waxed it once in the 2 years since i painted it.

i will be painting it again this winter i hope and i will be going with super bright candies again. this time in candy copper base, copper candy dye and copper candy pearl in the clear.

/I Love Candy/ tongue.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Mugen Mooncraft B-16 turbo.
I was gonna go crazy with saying something like Acura Imola Orage Pearl, but Wolf's color caught my eye. Then again if I took my car camping (JeepGirl made me rethink the purpose of a compact smile.gif kick ass!) I would go a lighter hue. I'm not talking pastel, but a metalic light off of red, blue or, not so popular grey. Everyone knows white is the easiest. But "nasty" light colors like yellow and orange can hide a lot, and last.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I heard yellow is hard to spray. Maybe not, just a rumor.

Edited by Shinobi's_Underwear, 20 June 2006 - 11:07 PM.

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
claret red metalic
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
i can tell you from experiance that yellow candy dye is a total bitch to spray. i could not for the life of me get it to lay out even. even with 50% overlap i still got tiger striping, can only see it in low light though.

and yes, the yellow and orange fend off the dust and dirt pretty well but the red shows it off like a bill board.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hoopty dx has a great suggestion. I've seen that color on a Dodge Intrepid at a car show. You would only have to wash it 2 days out of the week. Maybe 5, hehe. Very pretty color though.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
The only reason I brought up yellow (Jeep girl), I watched a friend spray bright yellow (candy) in a booth, and after five minutes he needed a straight-jacket (with one hand out to finish the job). A professional painter shouldnt swear loud enough to leave sound waves in the finish coat. Hehehe.

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Orange is a freind of mine, I had my straight jacket buddy spray my R6 with 98' Diablo orange and I loved it. Lambo colors are pricey, but the size of our "works" keep pricing only partly painfull.

Edited by Shinobi's_Underwear, 20 June 2006 - 11:31 PM.

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
PAINT HER WHITE; I ALWAYS SAY MY NEXT CAR IS GOING TO BE WHITE AND SOMEHOW I END UP W/ RED. That color shows dirt, black is the worst-my crx was black and I know how you feel keeping it clean, it sucked. Tans and yellows are ok but they dont look that good in my opinion, The blue I painted my car shows dirt a lot eventhough it is a lighter blue. white white white. I dont think the pearl would look to good on our cars. just a bright white, also it hides bad painting, body damage, and especially dirt. My next car will be white. Im thinking hard on getting an acura TL-pearl.