K Swap Knowledge Dump

• You cannot reply to this topic
384 replies to this topic

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si K20Z1
Well Im going to have to Have the runners on the exhaust manifold extended about an inch to clear the subframe..being that the k24 is taller Id expect youll have to do the same..but that also depends on the height and lean of Brians mounts

CSPCRX

Thanks for sharing. That is true, how the motor sits will greatly impact the angle of the header.

i am still waiting on lots of parts so I’m watching your build closely for learnings. I’m also thinking I may have to run the K-tuned water filler that is up near the valve cover.

Finally got an update on some OEM parts I ordered. Mostly maintenance items like front and rear main seals, VTEC screens, etc. stuff that’s easy to replace now and a pain later. 

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Id recommend the tract tuff filler neck ..top notch quality

CSPCRX

I’ll look into it

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Had to go to they junk yard and visit the accord I took the TB from. Not to anyone else using a JDM K24a when you get the TB from the Accord also get the two studs out of the manifold. The drive by wire TBs are thicker so therefore the two studs are longer.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Wagon
    Garage View Garage

Good to see some other folks working on K Swaps in this chassis.  Here's my 87 Wagon AWD project.  Currently waiting on a K Pro to come in, then its turbo time!image_url-11225-1593878069.jpg

Edited by LoneWolf, 04 July 2020 - 11:00 AM.

CSPCRX

Sweet, sounds like it’s going to be a ripper! Tell us about your motor and setup.

whats the coating on the intake manifold?

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Good to see some other folks working on K Swaps in this chassis.  Here's my 87 Wagon AWD project.  Currently waiting on a K Pro to come in, then its turbo time!image_url-11225-1593878069.jpg

Did you adapt hasport EF mounts?

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage
At the moment, its just a stock K24. Donor car was an 02 manual CRV(Manual, K series, AWD). I took the motor/trans/harness/ecu out of it and basically transplanted it all into the wagon. I neglected to grab the immobilizer coil from the donor car, so I have to wait for the K Pro to come in before I can fire her up :P

Heres a short list of what this took so far. I can post up some pictures/video if anyone wants to see it.

-Hasport EF AWD mounts. I was able to slightly modify the passenger side to work, but the rest of it had to be heavily modified to a point where I almost wouldnt advertise that hasport mounts were used. Still, its much easier to start with them and modify than to build from scratch. Some of my chassis mounts I did have to make from scratch.
-Front Axles are stock base model 02 RSX. Passenger side bolted right up. I had to take the drivers side to a shop to get shortened. Have measurements if anyone needs em, but I would suggest you mount up your engine and take your own measurements, since these mounts are one off and your engine may sit in a different position than mine.
-Drive shaft and rear end are stock. Drive shaft was shortened to mate up to the k series transfer case. The hub city adapter for the EF worked great on this chassis as well.

The valve cover, intake, and engine bay are just painted with rattle cans.

CSPCRX

Very cool.

i see the clutch line coming off the slave into the firewall. Did you add an inter master? If so what did you use and how?

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage

Yes, not a lot of room for a clutch master in the engine bay on this chassis unless you delete your brake master.  I just welded up a clutch master mount onto the stock pedal assembly, and used the stock wagon clutch pedal with the stock CRV MC.  Can post pics if anyone needs to see it.

The only other option I know of is to use one of those hydro to cable conversion kits that mounts on the radiator support.  I wasn't trying to do that because it's expensive, space consuming, and reviews say it doesn't work too well anyways.  Needless to say, those who aren't comfortable with fabricating some parts here and there will have a hard time pioneering a swap like this.

Edited by LoneWolf, 13 July 2020 - 07:59 AM.

CSPCRX

Post them up that would be awesome. Leaning towards a cable/hydro conversion since HASport has one, but curios to see what others are doing. Fab not an issue.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage

Photos of the engine bay and clutch setup here: http://www.redpepper...=834&tab=images

I seem to have a hard time posting pictures in threads on this forum.

Don't worry, I cleaned up the welds before final install!

K Pro supposed to come in early next week!

CSPCRX

Great pics. Looks like it’s coming along!

I am still waiting on a lot of parts for mine. Gives me times to do some other things like front and rear main seals.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage

KPro came in, and she starts!  But idles super rough, so I'm trying to learn how to tune with it just so I can go for a shakedown drive.  If anyone on here is a KPro genius and wants to help a brother out, let me know.