• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Chedda J's Auto

Chedda J's Spherical Adjustable Panhard Bars

Updated Rod

Old Style Rod

These panhard bars are intended for 1st gen crx, 3rd gen civic car owners to enable them to lower the car safetly by repositioning the rear axle properly so that the drivers side wheel is not pushed out towards the fender well. This will prevent the wheel rub associated with lowering these generations of these cars, that inevitably ruins your tire.

Product is made of 1 1/8" structural tube steel with VXB 20mm rod ends (heims joints). The panhard bar is adjustable without the removal of the panhard bar via LEFT hand and RIGHT hand rod ends. To adjust the bar, all that is needed is a set of crescent wrenches to loosen or tighten the bar and jam nuts. Between the rod ends are washers/inserts built by myself, 4mm thick on one end, and 7.25 on the other. Stock bolts will work in correspondance with the new panhard bar with no modification.

Disclaimer: In no way is the seller responsable for any damages or injury due to failure or installation of this part, although usable for street use, track use is recomended. By purchasing this item you fully understand all risks involved in lowering your vehichle, installation, and risks in driving a vehichle with my product. In no way is the seller responsble for any monetary damage to any property in any way.

Price: $200
Shipping: free Canada/Usa

Now the terms of these panhard bars is that, because the parts take two weeks to come in, and unless i do a group buy a whole lot of parts in at one time, these may take up to three weeks to a month to be completed and shipped. If these go well i may make 10 and offer them for a while.

I ask for $100 deposit before ordering the parts, the money isnt touched untill the unit is complete, pictures are typically sent to each buyer, and the unit is shipped via ground.

Installed:

New Poly Bushings

Install:

Support the cars body with a jack stand on either side via pinch weld. Then remove the wheels. Support the axle with a block of wood or jack to prevent it from dropping apon removal of panhard bar.

Then remove panhard bolts, one from the body mount and one from the axle mount. Now these are very very tight and sometimes its best to get some nut breaker on them first for a while to loosen them up. Then you will need to use a 14mm and a 17 (maybe a 19) mm socket and an impact or breaker bar to get them to off.

After youve removed the old bar, tap the bar off from the axle mount with a rubber hammer. Bring the panhard out of the car and onto a flat bench or work area. Grab the new panhard bar and adjust it by turning the rod ends on either side untill its exactly the same length as the stock panhad bar, leave the jam nuts loose. Also make sure that either side of the panhard bar is adjusted the same length, this is very important for longevity of rod ends.

Install the bar and bushings into the car. The kit will come with two stepped bushings, and two flat washer bushings. The flat bushings (spacers) go on the axle, one on either side of the rod end. The stepped bushings, fit in either side of the rod end and go on into the body mount. Install the tires, lower the car back onto the ground on its own weight. Then crawl under neath and turn the rod by hand untill the distance from the wheel/tire to the outer fender is the same distance. You need the car to be on perfectly flat ground. Use a measuring tape and a flat piece of wood accross flat accross the tire/wheel for a more accurate measurment. Once even, go under the car and tighten both jams against the rod to prevent it from loosening, you will need two crescent wrenches, and do both nuts at the same time. Tighten the jams fairly tight.

All done, but make sure to grease the rod ends, every 1000 miles again for lengevity. Also check the jam nuts very shortly after driving it, to make sure they havent backed off, and also make sure they are tight every time you grease the zerks. I also let my customers know that the rod ends will wear out, when you start to feel clunking, and greasing them isnt helping, then its time to replace. I can offer a website to replace them for about $40, or you can purchase upgraded bearings and keep the rod ends, for about $30 and press them in.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Jaycrx -First buyer
DEIVIONCRX
FelixtheCatalyst
JamesL
Oldskull
joshuadeto
tony85
Hondahollic
Giff
1g2gcrx
Power Wheels
Dwend
J-Man

Krew

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
If I didn't already have one for each of my CRX's... I'd be all over it man. Thanks for offering parts for our cars! Guys like you keep our community alive and well!

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage
i am starting a new job tomorrow.. i want to see how the paychecks look. i am DEFINITELY interested though...
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
by when do you need the money by? for the deposit?
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (PowerWheels86 @ Oct 6 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
by when do you need the money by? for the deposit?

Ive ordered 4 sets of Rod ends, meaning that all 4 sets are called for, i can order another set but it takes about two weeks to come in, and i require a deposit on the panhard bar, but none of the money is spent untill the unit is completed. The only reason i do this is so i dont get screwed over, specially on expensive parts like rod ends wink.gif"

Due to the fact that it takes two weeks for parts, if not three, its best to make your order atleast a month before you need the panhard bar, as soon as ive made a few of these i will stock them. So the wait wont be so long, but because this is my first set, i will need a deposit.

Oh and btw, 60 for shipping wink.gif

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
i won't be ordering it for a while like xmas or something and this will be going to my stateside address, it'll probaby just sit in my mom's garage until i get back... :'(
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Aww, well they will be available then for sure.

The 20mm rod ends.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Oct 7 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, well they will be available then for sure.

The 20mm rod ends.

Very Nice! Er, whatever your real name is. tongue.gif

The grease fitting is a real plus. I like!

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
So I'll be starting work on the first 4 this week. I'll keep you up to date

fat_85_civic

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500S - ZC converted
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
How much would shipping to Australia be? The AUD is really good atm so ill be getting one of these and one of the drag shifters very soon if shipping isnt too much. Actually how much would shipping be for both of them together?

Cheers
Luke

oldschool_teg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 89 Honda Integra
Looking good!! Love the grease fittings on the bearing!! I'd buy one if I didn't had one on all my cars already.

BTW...I posted a link of this on in the for sale section of G1teg. I know there's several guys on there that need one.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Revised with a shortened jamnut + nut exposed for adjustment.

, ,

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Looks good sofar.
Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Any chance i could have this by November 12th? If not don't worry, but Ive got a back to back 2 day event 13th and 14th.
Posted Image