Questions? Click Here For The Answers

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Click me!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

jonHB

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Hatchback
i've got a question! what is the standard TIRE PRESSURE (in psi) if i have a stock set of tires in my 1986 Civic HB? am thinking of getting that "Tire Minder" thingy but I need to know the specs on the tire pressure. dry.gif

http://www.brookston...ype=subcategory

thanks!

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Run 32 lbs in front and 30 in the rear. Pressures measured cold.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

NZCivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda Civic GTi 1987
ive got a question, bout a batery relocation for my 3g civic but i dont want it behind the passenger seat, anyone done a relocation to their boot????

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: turbo'ed 87 Civic Si Hatchback and a heavily modified jeep wrangler
Ya i moved my battery to the back. i got a Stinger honda sized battery and used the bolts for the luggage cover or what ever it is. i just drilled some holes in the side of the metal jacket the battery comes in and bolted it to the side of the car and slid the battery in. if i get some time i will post some pic's. It would probably work with a normal size battery but i was tight for space because of my speaker box. and i was tight under the hood because of putting on a turbo.

amirol

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic GT
hello everyone.. i'm new here..i just wanna to ask a few question..i bought a 1987 civic GT 1.5i fuel injection. i have a prob.when i start the car..the RPM goes wild until 2000rpm. then when i move the car.. black smoke coming out from the exhaust. i have change the spark plug and the cable to..but it still the same.. can anyone tell me why?

Edited by amirol, 16 May 2007 - 11:45 AM.

Ryma

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
If its black then its burning oil and mor ethan likley you blew a piston ring.

At least thats what happened to my friends franken(1.5 on 1.6 fuel injection(motor was clamed to be 1.6) 89 si rex.

Now my question. the rear suspention on a 3rd gen civic is an ibeam/panard bar setup right?

Hondamään

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: EJ7 and 3gen !
    • Image Gallery
Well, I have few questions. First: What else parts I need to change if I want mount 1g lights, fenders, nosepanel and bumper in my 3g, or is it "impossible" ? And second: Do the 1.5 pgm-fi 1g have same springs/shocks and brakes than 1.5 carb 3g ? Thank you!
EJ7 Civic Coupe -97
3gen Civic Hatch -86

Pic's of my babies -> http://www.minunauto...li/taeppituning Check it out :)

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Its not impossible, just impractical. IIRC, the doors are a different shape (this would affect how the fenders line up) It would be easier to modify the nose panel of the 3g to accept the headlights from the 1g, Unless you are wanting to accomplish the Ballade popup conversion, then that is a different ball of wax all together.

Shocks and springs are the same between the years.... Brake quality is the same, but won't fit without using the calipers and brackets from either car. Sedans use the same brakes as the hatch, and wagons use the same brakes as the crx.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Hondamään

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: EJ7 and 3gen !
    • Image Gallery
Is there any differences between ew2 and ew3 cams? Would like to know before I order the ew3 cam whitch "should" be better than ew2 stock cam. Is that bullshit?
EJ7 Civic Coupe -97
3gen Civic Hatch -86

Pic's of my babies -> http://www.minunauto...li/taeppituning Check it out :)

AniolStraz

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 96 EJ2
Hi there... I am looking forward to buy a 86 1.3 (D13B2?) Honda Civic HB (3gen )and i need to know can i swap something from the younger civics like from those from 4g.
speaking shortly, I wanna put inside a D16Z6 or D15B engine, Brakes from a Crx or something else from 4g etc. and I need to know is it possible to swap those things easly just like it is with the 5 and 6gen.

JOHN KENNEDY

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CIVIC SI
I have a question does dx hb fenders work on si hb or no

Dirty-D

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Hatchback SI
    • Image Gallery

Radiator fan not working. Hot wired the fan to the battery and it turned on. I then hotwired the relay and its working. Looked at the fuse box and saw a blown blue fuse so i replaced it. Still no luck, as to weither or not it was the radiator fan i dont know. Anyone know which fuse is for the radiator fan? 1987 Civic SI

mannyg0822

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1985 civic 1500s
What car can i take a transmission to directly bolt onto my 85 civic 1500s? Y trans is going out on me but i still need to drive the car. And what decent little upgrades can i do to the transmission since im rebuilding it?

gergelyh

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: gen 3 civic
I have got a question! Which body parts for example bumpers fenders and sideskirts are interchangeable from the 4g civic to the 3g civic. Also what can I do to give the 3g civic a bit better gitty up at a reasonable price. Is it also true that the 4g gauges fit in the 3 g civic?

Edited by gergelyh, 05 September 2013 - 10:27 AM.