*mint* 1st Gen! 6 Miles On Odometer!

• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

C8V6C

QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 3 2006, 07:40 PM)
HOLY CRAP!!! i would pay $3k for that car! maybe more!

You cant put a price on things like that....it would probably be more realistically worth 8-9k with 6 miles on it.....not that anyone would pay it

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
it's probably worth a hell of a lot more.. considering that one with 25k miles went for like 8 or 9 grand.. shoot, i'd pay more than 20 grand for it.. it's better than most of the stuff honda has out now! and will probably last longer too! hahahaaaa.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

DarkHand

I agree, if it honestly has only 6 miles and is in as good a condition as it looks, I'd say it's worth around $20k... If I had $20k cash to just plop down I'd pay that to lock it in my showroom (which I'd also have). biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 04 January 2006 - 03:21 PM.

DarkHand

CRXdan

is that bumper sag i see?

DAmn thats soo nice
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

meancivicsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx siR, hyundai accent(don't kill me it's not my fault!)
well i snuck in the dealership after work and got off 2 snapshots before that security lady threatened to call the jakes!! 44 miles on the ODometer. still mint!!

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i woulda towed that thing home. then when the cops came id press charges against the dealership for rex abuse...leaving a 44 mile rex unattended OUTSIDE. punishable by death, and giving the rex to me.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It looks nice, but, it also looks like it has been repainted: the rear license plate brackets are not body colored from the factory:

I believe they are normally installed after the car's been painted at the factory and are usually black, not body color. The above is a telltale sign of a repaint, but, at least they didn't get overspray on the muffler/tailpipes! biggrin.gif

Still a nice rex however...I wouldn't kick it outta my garage! smile.gif

xfurb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
One Word... Nice! tongue.gif

But two Comments... dry.gif

Factory Tires were usually Bridgestone or Michelin... if I remember right. Can’t really tell but they don’t look like either.

If you had 44 miles on the odometer wouldn’t have 44 miles on the Trip? Looks to me like it has maybe 103.1 or something.
Long time Honda driver
'87 CRX DX
'78 Accord

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (xfurb @ Jan 5 2006, 02:29 PM)
If you had 44 miles on the odometer wouldn’t have 44 miles on the Trip?  Looks to me like it has maybe 103.1 or something.

they probably reset it at some time..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hmm...look at that middle 0 in the odometer it sits alitttle up like its been tampered with..also in that second night shot look at the reflection on the door from the lights ??? is that bodywave from bad bodywork and a repaint my uncle is a top notch bodyman and he said it looks like wave a good paint would reflect that light well...???thats just my speculations from the pictures??and how could it have 103 miles on the trip and 44 miles on the car?? i could roll my odometer on my car to 10,000 miles and it may pass too..but dmv would get this..in other countries mileage is not documented as they are here in states so odo. rollbacks are possible..but if it is legit then WOW!!!!!!TRY TO BUY IT.

Edited by etmydst, 05 January 2006 - 05:27 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
my guess is that someone did a complete rebuild/restoration on the car and wanted a fresh new zero mile odometer to start the car's new life.

turning odometers back is not illegal even in the states. what is illegal is trying to sell the car saying it has less miles than it really has. 2 totally different things.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Jan 5 2006, 04:11 PM)
.....look at that middle 0 in the odometer it sits alitttle up like its been tampered with.....

being i havent driven a rex in a while (all 3 being rebuilt) i may be remembering incorrectly, BUT! dont the numbers roll down (top to bottom)...meaning that if a 0 was "up" that means that it has not been "rolled over" yet.

also...why is everyone trying to disprove the possible orginality of this car. even if it isnt was it appears to be; can we stop flaming it, it is none-the-less the cleanest looking 1g i have ever seen! (pic or in person)
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (duner @ Jan 5 2006, 09:41 PM)
.....look at that middle 0 in the odometer it sits alitttle up like its been tampered with.....

being i havent driven a rex in a while (all 3 being rebuilt) i may be remembering incorrectly, BUT! dont the numbers roll down (top to bottom)...meaning that if a 0 was "up" that means that it has not been "rolled over" yet.

also...why is everyone trying to disprove the possible orginality of this car. even if it isnt was it appears to be; can we stop flaming it, it is none-the-less the cleanest looking 1g i have ever seen! (pic or in person)

no not rolled over (they dont roll over after 100,000... if you take a small screwdriver you can move the numbers up or down (ive done it) and the nubers will sit like that trust me LOL...i know..hey my car is just as clean i think LOL

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Jan 5 2006, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (duner @ Jan 5 2006, 09:41 PM)

no not rolled over (they dont roll over after 100,000... if you take a small screwdriver you can move the numbers up or down (ive done it) and the nubers will sit like that trust me LOL...i know..hey my car is just as clean i think LOL

didnt mean roll over as in the entire odometer....i meant when you are at 000099 that the 0's have not "tripped" yet, or never moved.
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (duner @ Jan 5 2006, 07:41 PM)

Yes it certainly presents well in the pics.

I suppose if people were keeping the $ value of the car in perspective, other people might not be so keen to flame it.

FWIW, I agree w/crxls: "my guess is that someone did a complete rebuild/restoration on the car and wanted a fresh new zero mile odometer to start the car's new life."