Rota Has Gone Too Far.. :(

• You cannot reply to this topic
102 replies to this topic

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
our beloved sacred CF-48's are being re-made. good for those that want them! bad for people who thought they were original.. someone already called my Black Racing's Rotas and i already had to set them straight. now, everyone will be thinking i have rotas again and i'll have to basically punch them in the face... but i may get a set for track.. smile.gif

1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hmm, well maybe they'll bring them out in 15x7. Mugen always made their wheels too narrow!

FWIW, I have no problem w/ Rota bringing back all the sweet old school wheels.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ Jul 13 2007, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, well maybe they'll bring them out in 15x7. Mugen always made their wheels too narrow!

FWIW, I have no problem w/ Rota bringing back all the sweet old school wheels.

yeah, true.. except that you just bought a new set of wheels! sucks for you!!!

the only thing that i'm going to hate is people asking if my real mugens are rotas. that's it. otherwise, like i said, i may end up getting a set for racing.

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Jul 13 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
our beloved sacred CF-48's are being re-made. good for those that want them! bad for people who thought they were original.. someone already called my Black Racing's Rotas and i already had to set them straight. now, everyone will be thinking i have rotas again and i'll have to basically punch them in the face... but i may get a set for track.. smile.gif

wow is that what they looks like or with a can pain job? dry.gif

hmm i have mixed emotions about this.....

i am saddened because what was once our dirty little secret aswell as our pride and joy has been molested so everyone with there rice parts can now afford them and be like im so jdm look at ma CF-48's yo! *sobs like a emo*

i wouldnt have minded having to pennying out for a good set and be happy knowing i paid 3 times more for my uncommon rims then my car blink.gif ... and aswell as the most important fact that it was original....

now im not so sure i think i would buy the CF-48's (in a heart beat) but would buy the crappy copies for street use and have the orignals as show only

any links to rota's rip offs by any chance mad.gif

just before folks we are about to get alot of offers for our cars aswell as break ins....with these new crapadopolous rota's on sale now
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Hey, if they don't cost or weigh to much then they are more than welcome on my cars.

lil buddy

• obsessive compulsive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic si Resto Rod,85 civic DX,84 CRX 1500 DX, 79 XL 75,69 Z50 mini trail, 03 Pilot and my 2013 ride on
i'm sure they won't be more than 500.00. with some authentic center caps they would pass as real to most people.

Vicious

what can i say..........my search for a REAL set of 48's continues smile.gif whether or not the guy down the street has the real ones or rota's i don't care as far as i'm concerned i'm only putting orginal parts on my piece of shit laugh.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (lil buddy @ Jul 13 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm sure they won't be more than 500.00. with some authentic center caps they would pass as real to most people.

can't put the mugen badge on the copies on the lips and they don't say mugen power on the rim either. smile.gif

like i said, i'd rock 'em esp. if i didn't have my set!

but i only paid $420 for my set about 7 years ago. so i'm not hurt.

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
Booo!

Where did you hear about these? How soon before they are available? I'm seriously thinking I may have to sell mine before they loose most of there value....

sig1.jpg

paulk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1990 CRX VT, 1986 CRX
Looks like a very early stage prototype in the pic's. They don't look like they'll be a 3-piece alloy anymore either.

I wouldn't worry about prices for originals, I suspect they'll stay high. I mean, it must be for the Mugen badge as they're ugly as f*&6!

Edited by paulk, 13 July 2007 - 12:36 PM.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^ I agree once those come out the real ones tend to drop in price, and also no-one will second look them they will just assume even if they are real "LOOK AT THOSE ROTA'S"

all the new comers thinks rota's are the name brand wheel LOL

My friend has some REAL MUGEN RNR's and some kid at the gas station was looking at them, he said
"I like those rims but I want to get the real rota ones, and not the knockoffs " LOL WTF..

I SECOND THE BOOOOOOOO!!!

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (paulk @ Jul 13 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a very early stage prototype in the pic's. They don't look like they'll be a 3-piece alloy anymore either.

the real street mugens aren't 3 piece. i'm confused..

got the wind on a miata board. i do believe the guy works for rota or lives near the factory. i think.. i saw pre-production pics of the RB's before they came out.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Oh who cares, if anything it means we can get some cf-48's for cheaper.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^DONT YOU MEAN...... "R-48's" or some other close knockoff name.. lol

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (SHOGUNOVDDRK @ Jul 13 2007, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now im not so sure i think i would buy the CF-48's (in a heart beat) but would buy the crappy copies for street use and have the orignals as show only

I know i'd get a set if I had the money. But I agree completely.
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129