Not Getting The Power I Should

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

jay_1gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
I just installed a browntop ZC with 94 CBR 900RR carb and I thought I was getting dicent preformanc untile my budy beat me with a stock Pontiac Prusit that does 1/4 mile in 16.1 seconds this was really dissapointing any ideas of what it could be.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
Is the ZC stock?
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
ahh yeah if its a stock engine on both parts then i wouldnt be wondering why dry.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
the stock si ew engine in full trim runs high 16's........ you need to tune...

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
^^^+1
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would say its the carbs. I'm no carb guy(although I do tinker with bike carbs on BIKES), but I read on here the people that use bike carbs and most tend to be unsuccessful or unhappy with the end results. JUST MY THEORY.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (jay_1gen @ Jul 5 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just installed a browntop ZC with 94 CBR 900RR carb and I thought I was getting dicent preformanc untile my budy beat me with a stock Pontiac Prusit that does 1/4 mile in 16.1 seconds this was really dissapointing any ideas of what it could be.

You wouldn't happen to have 17" wheels, would you?

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jul 6 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say its the carbs. I'm no carb guy(although I do tinker with bike carbs on BIKES), but I read on here the people that use bike carbs and most tend to be unsuccessful or unhappy with the end results. JUST MY THEORY.

lo this is so true ,i had 2 diffrent sets and one ran like crap and the other didnt even sputter or anyhting waste of $250 all together

seriously though talk to Kurt he has the same set up ,the zc with the 900's (IIRC) and has been driving his hatch and as been tning his

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

jay_1gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanx for the help guys I do think its all in the tuning, I couldn't see why I wouldn't get the same as the stock ZC i've got more tunabilaty then a EFI engine and i'm able to get more fuel in the motor. As for tires i'm runing 195/50 VR 15 don't know if that would afect me that much.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
have you tuned the carbs at all or are they still tuned for the bike?

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
QUOTE (stevo911_ @ Jul 7 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have you tuned the carbs at all or are they still tuned for the bike?

hey when he hits 12-14,000 rpm it should smooth out a bit....try a higher shift point.............um,and earplugs......and,...er,safety glasses and ear plugs

*ducks*
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
QUOTE (nature223 @ Jul 8 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey when he hits 12-14,000 rpm it should smooth out a bit....try a higher shift point.............um,and earplugs......and,...er,safety glasses and ear plugs

*ducks*

hahaha that's hilarious laugh.gif

but yeah tuning will be your best friend... and biggest time consumer for a while... you can get as much fuel as you want into the motor but if it's not in the correct ratio with the air you're getting it's not going to do anything for you except hurt perf and lower your mileage.
Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

jay_1gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanx for the help guys I found my problem I needed bigger main jets and man does she develope power now I raced my freind that has a Cobalt SS stage 2, he does 14.2 on quarter mile and I was really not to far behind, as for the Prusuit I blew him out of the water the car is nuts now I just have to find the perfect jetting.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
did you use a wideband to tune? what kind of fuel pressure are you running and with what pump
I have...had 98(i think) cbr 900rr carbs on my EW1 DX motor--- untuned with the stock fuel pump it ran like a bat out of hell
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

jay_1gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
No I didn't use a wideband to tune I'm using spark plug colors. As for fuel pressure I run 3 PSI at idle and I go up to about 5 PSI under acceleration thats what the carb use stock. Did you ever check the 1/4 mile time tho? It feels fast but it really isen't with the unjetted system.