Andy's Body Kit

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx hf
Okay I have parts of my body kit from andy's on my REX. I still have to paint the front bumper. But the side I painted. the fit on the front is great and with some bracket's it doesnt move at all. the side's mounted great and I got to use the oemmount holes. I did have to add one bolt in the wheel wells. letme know what you think.

Front bumper

Side skirts

just click and your in the pics

http://www.redpepper...llery/v/redrex/

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
The sdie skirts look like you bottomed out and it pushed ever thing up.
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

poopshovel

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 86 CRX Si w/turbo D16 in the works.
I think I'd spend $100 on a header panel before I'd spend $X on a bumper that makes a compact car look like a mack truck. You asked for opinions.

CarNutCertifies

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 71 chevy pu, 87 CRX DX"Pip squeek", 87 CRX DX "Pip Squeek II"
looks great do you have any before pics and pics from the side so we can see the profile?
87 CRX DX, "Pip Squeek"
87 CRX DX "Parts Car"
86 CRX SI "Currently being built" DD
86 CRX DX "The Project" -(retired) - stripped
71 Chevy PU
81 Chevy PU
01 Dodge Ram 1500 (sold/traded)
97 Honda prelude DD
92 Jeep Cherokee "Slug" (parts)
91 Jeep Cherokee "Slug II"
92 Ford Probe GT Turbo: it blew up, got stripped, and then crushed....back to my CRX...What was I thinking...Oh yea it was free.
Ford........At least they circled the problem...
38 Desoto 2 door sedan (a project that I will someday get around to)

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
QUOTE (poopshovel @ Aug 16 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'd spend $100 on a header panel before I'd spend $X on a bumper that makes a compact car look like a mack truck. You asked for opinions.

If I didnt get hit in the back then I woundnt have bought the kit. the person that hit me paid me cash instead of going the insurance way. so for something that is free you cant beat the price. but ya Im going to get a one piece cf hood when Mr.D or someone has them up for sale so Im not wasting money on the header panel. and All kits will make our cars look bigger then they are in the front and back.

As for the before pics they would be in my first link. there you can see the whole car before the kit. and I still have the back bumper to put on.

And they are shaped where they flair in the center. just the way they are made I guess. thats the one thing I liked the most about the kit. Is that It does have unique curves to it.

Edited by redrex, 16 August 2007 - 08:31 PM.

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
man it looks great. I love the red. post some pics of the front bumper when painted. dont listen to the haters. theyre just jealous . youll learn to blow them off. I really like it though.

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
ill never be a fan of bodykits. but great job on painting the sideskirts!!! color matches very well. as long as you like it on your car then thats all that matters. im sure it'll look much better with the cf hood and all the pieces painted. the thing that bothers me the most are people who throw body kits and z3 fenders on and NEVER paint them. they end up with a 12 tone car with a nasty, distasteful kit and it looks hideous!!! the kit you got is pretty simple and clean so im not gonna flame you....*that much* hehe. but i hope you paint those bumpers soon!!! haha. good luck man.

toxicshit

do you have some more pictures of those side skirts ?

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
QUOTE (toxicshit @ Aug 18 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you have some more pictures of those side skirts ?

What kind of pics do you what to see about the side's. I can always take more to help you guys see the fitment.

toxicshit

some nice pictures of the side of the car so i can see how high those skirts are etc.

cr-x.jpg

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
QUOTE (toxicshit @ Aug 23 2007, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some nice pictures of the side of the car so i can see how high those skirts are etc.

Ill put some on here from the ground to the bottom on the skirt. More directly to the side. Thats a way youll be able to see that Its not bent like it looks. hows that.

But my car isnt dropped down at all. it sits 35.5" to top of well in back and 34" in the front. need the coil over kit I know

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
While the coke bottle rockers aren't quite my cup of tea they do appear to be very well made and the fitment seems good, and I kind of like the front bumper because it looks like it's LOLing at me. laugh.gif
Posted Image

toxicshit

QUOTE (redrex @ Aug 23 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill put some on here from the ground to the bottom on the skirt. More directly to the side. Thats a way youll be able to see that Its not bent like it looks. hows that.
But my car isnt dropped down at all. it sits 35.5" to top of well in back and 34" in the front. need the coil over kit I know

that would be nice !

cr-x.jpg

crx1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si
i like it.looks good!

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
QUOTE (85supersleeper @ Aug 17 2007, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ill never be a fan of bodykits. but great job on painting the sideskirts!!! color matches very well. as long as you like it on your car then thats all that matters. im sure it'll look much better with the cf hood and all the pieces painted. the thing that bothers me the most are people who throw body kits and z3 fenders on and NEVER paint them. they end up with a 12 tone car with a nasty, distasteful kit and it looks hideous!!! the kit you got is pretty simple and clean so im not gonna flame you....*that much* hehe. but i hope you paint those bumpers soon!!! haha. good luck man.

Well I have the bumper fixed, sanded, andpainted so Ill have to post somemore pics. now Im working on the header panel. Ill have pics of that when I get it done before wensday. By then the everything will be done and I can start to work on the rear bumper. Ill keep you all posted

and Thanks for all the nice things being said.