Houston X-mas Meet

• You cannot reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,05 Honda CRV, My Wife Up a Wall
sounds like grandma wants to do a full scale dinner so i wouldn't be able to get out that night.... sorry fellas
"Horsepower sets how fast you hit the wall. Torque sets the size of the hole."

"... the motor car was poetry and tragedy, love and heroism." - Sinclair Lewis

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 Q45T, 90 E250, 94 Aerostar, 87 Crx Si, 73 Krager Kustom Koach,68 BMW 1600, Vista FV, Margay Brava KT-100, 77 KZ650B, 72 Raleigh Professional, 66 Schwinn Panther, etc.
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Dec 15 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like grandma wants to do a full scale dinner so i wouldn't be able to get out that night.... sorry fellas

Is that an invitation? Let's bring the meet to him. Grandma won't mind, especially when she realizes that someone her age is coming as well. Ha Ha.

Reschedule??

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si

January's wide open for me!
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Or if there were 3 of us that still wanted to do it, that's enough people to finish of 50 wings. I'm up for whatever.

"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 99 Q45T, 90 E250, 94 Aerostar, 87 Crx Si, 73 Krager Kustom Koach,68 BMW 1600, Vista FV, Margay Brava KT-100, 77 KZ650B, 72 Raleigh Professional, 66 Schwinn Panther, etc.
There is still plenty of people, it was just VP's idea, would be sad for him to miss out. BTW I am not sure if 50 wings is enough for three.

We need to start firming up details so we can arrange for a spot or just descend on some poor unsuspecting restaurant.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
ok so what is the time span we are looking at here for the possible meet dates? I'm thinking 23-27 preferably not the 27th as to make sure Powerwheels can make it since he is in the air force now and will be on a 96 (4 day leave period) that which I don't know when begins and ends while factoring in travel time/scheduling.

I propose we all work out a __ part schedule like this:

23rd:free all day
24th:free most of the all day, I can schedule around the meet, maybe
25th:christmas... available afternoon
26th:free
27th:free
any day later:most likely can be free any day but not until night time on the weekends

now it might not work out exactly like this for me but for planning purposes, this is close enough for me to work with...
lets get a good list going so we can see what works for everyone
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
23rd:busy
24th:maybe able to meet in the early afternoon
25th:busy
26th:should be free all day
27th:may be leaving, up to the powers that be

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
23rd free
24th gone to NC - through the 4th

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
i could possibly do a late evening meet (10pm ish) on the 23rd

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
If we stick with the 23rd and do it close to VP then he could show up late and close the thing down.

My schedule goes like this:

23rd - evening
24th - open till about 5pm
25th - after 4pm
26th - after 4pm
27th - open
28th - after lunch

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
If something could work on the 23rd, let's do that. If not, work around VPs schedule and don't worry about me. It isn't right for the originator to be the odd man out. It will be tough for me to stay out much past 10 when I'm getting on a plane the next morning.

That being said, let's hear the nays for Dec. 23rd, 7-11pm ish at a wing place with a lit parking lot. And beer.

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
my name's john btw laugh.gif

i say we shoot for the 23rd at 9:90, the closer to sharpstown the better for me, but i can make it anywhere in the area

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Dec 16 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my name's john btw laugh.gif

i say we shoot for the 23rd at 9:90, the closer to sharpstown the better for me, but i can make it anywhere in the area

so 10:30? biggrin.gif

looks like the closest hooters is at briar forest and south gessner but there is a wings n more at 59 & beechnut
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
59 and beechnut is perfect for me , but i could make it to either

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
Either one is fine.