• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

LoneWolf

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic Wagon
    Garage View Garage

I have an 87 RT4WD with bad U-Joints (on the drive shaft).  As far as I can tell, no one makes this part for this car.  I took a bunch of measurements and tried to find a similar one from another car.  After hours of scouring spreadsheets and databases, I can confirm no other U-Joints are even close to the size of the one on an 87 RT4WD Civic.  The 88-91 ones are easy to find, but a very different size.

Having a custom-made joint in a small quantity is possible but quite expensive.  Before giving up and condemning the car to a FWD only fate, I figured I'd check on here and see if anyone knew of a place to get this part.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
bad penny had one of these. he lives near you. pm him. not sure how often he checks in. he made might be able to supply a lead - passionate about that model good guy

there just aren’t many of those around. i rebuilt my cv joints. do the best u can to find a genuine honda part. the heat treat is superior
Keepin' it OEM