Old Meetup Picture Gallery - Norcal 2009

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage

Figured I'd post a link up here, found these photos when looking through backups from a computer long since gone.

Norcal 2009 RPR meetup.

https://u.pcloud.lin...ublicfoldergrid

I should go look for the pictures from the Norcal CRX meetup that was held by Rywire? some time, was in like ... 2005?

Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT

Xipher!  Hope you've been well.  That day in '09 feels like so long ago!  I haven't looked at the pics from that day for quite a while.  Mine's Road from San Jose to Livermore.  Fun drive.  I had a lot of trouble keeping up with everyone, having the only carb'ed car on the cruise. I seem to remember your tires howling in protest on every turn!  :lol:  Maybe someday, we can find enough of us in NorCal to do that road again.  Then again, maybe enough of us can get our cars up and running again.  :wacko:  Thanks for sharing.  

A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

Sadly, it might be a while before we can do Mines Road up Mt. Hamilton and the Lick Observatory.  Area currently under evacuation due to fire started by lightning strikes.  Lick Observatory currently being threatened.   :(

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage

Survivin!

Yeah, I burned up the front tires on that 626GT I was driving that day :) it was a bit of a boat, great in a straight line but not much else..

It looks like the observatory so far is doin' ok, fire sure did get close though...

I've got a CRX still, but... its had the engine and trans sitting on a hoist in front of it in my garage for years now, I don't have the time to do any work anymore and I'd pay to have it done but I don't know of anyone anywhere that'd even be willing to do the work, I can't even find basic parts, I'm close to selling it off to someone else who might already have parts cars and such and could use a clean roller with extra goodies on it.

Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

I was behind your 626.  Your tires howling and you really weren't taking the turns very hard.  Ah, the entertainment one can hear in a Rex Spyder.  Lick Observatory still standing - Reported that its buildings are being used as a fire lookout.  The surrounding mountain area looks scorched as does some areas of Mines Road.