Hasport Makin Mounts For New D Series For Our Cars ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
so yeah ive hurd things such as this being thrown around here but i wanted to know if this is for a fact.
Is hasport going to be making a mount kit for our 1Gens and 3Gens to fid the 88 and newer Dseries ?

cuz im really lookin forward to this jus wanted to make sure it wasnt a rumor

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
why not PM keith? isnt he the owner of hasport? hes a member of our board smile.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (kaymo @ Apr 7 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why not PM keith? isnt he the owner of hasport? hes a member of our board smile.gif

HUH really i did not know that

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Apr 7 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HUH really i did not know that

Wake Up! laugh.gif tongue.gif
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

Vicious

yep keith is a good guy and we're really lucky to have guys like him and the guy above willing to share what they do for themselves with the community.

and i think he shares ownership with his brother and both are principals of Hasport

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Apr 7 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so yeah ive hurd things such as this being thrown around here but i wanted to know if this is for a fact.
Is hasport going to be making a mount kit for our 1Gens and 3Gens to fid the 88 and newer Dseries ?

cuz im really lookin forward to this jus wanted to make sure it wasnt a rumor

All I can say is "sorry for the delay".
Long story short when things slowed down in mid to late 2008 one of the first things that went (besides the night shift) was the CNC designer/programmer (he fount annother job right away doing military stuff). So, I sent my brother Brian to school to learn how to do it because he makes (by hand) the prototypes all our new parts anyways. It's taking longer than expected for him to get up to speed but the "AFD1" is the first job he is working on. He is literally working on it as I write this. It only takes one very simple part but making a production piece out of it is taking forever. I will say that it should be ready for sale before the end of this month.

As I previously posted the first production kit will be auctioned off to benefit RPR.

On a side note, things are picking up and we re-started the night shift about a month ago so we could keep up with the orders!

Thanks for asking.

Edited by keithg, 07 April 2010 - 09:29 PM.

Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (keithg @ Apr 7 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is "sorry for the delay".
Long story short when things slowed down in mid to late 2008 one of the first things that went (besides the night shift) was the CNC designer/programmer. I sent my brother Brian to school to learn how to do it because he makes (by hand) the prototypes all our new parts anyways. It's taking longer than expected for him to get up to speed but the "AFD1" is the first job he is working on. He is literally working on it as I write this. It only takes one very simple part but making a production piece out of it is taking forever. I will say that it should be ready for sale before the end of this month.

As I previously posted the first production kit will be auctioned off to benefit RPR.

On a side note, things are picking up and we re-started the night shift about a month ago so we could keep up with the orders!

Thanks for asking.

That is great news Keith that your business is coming back around! I'm seeing all kinds of new life in the economy. cool.gif

Be patient guys! He needs to get this right before these new parts get released into the wild. ph34r.gif

We need to find someone on here to do a full build thread on a newer D-Series swap. biggrin.gif
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey Keith, glad to hear things are picking up.

I'd love to see what you come up with, we couldn't find an easy way to do the tranny mount.

Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
thats awesome keith. im glad to hear this will happen and soon wow. im thinking bout gettin a kit when it comes out since i have had a B series kit in my privious 86 si

thatguytommy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic dx with si motor 1986 bmw 635csi 1989 bmw 525i
I would also like to get this kit . Cause my friend Jojo and I are swaping. A b18 in his delso and I'm getting his delslo motor .. now will this kit work with a 94 delso motor or the 88-91 civic/crx d motors?

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Im definitely in for a kit. Those 88-up D series motors are a dime a dozen and cheap to find and build.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
Going modern D-series is my plan in the future.

Where do you guys think the best place to get one of these motors would be? The scrap yard?
Which specific motor would be the best bang for the buck? D16Z6? Or maybe a earlier motor would be easier as far as electronics? D16A6?

Do any of you guy think you could come up with a estimated cost breakdown for this swap? I think that it be helpful to someone considering this swap.

Chris

P.S. one of the mods should probably move this to the general form.

Edited by 3rd1stGEN, 08 April 2010 - 09:04 AM.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The D16Y8 is probably the better of the two SOHC Vtec motors, but the oil pump isnt as good as the 92-95 pump.

The best solution would probably be the Y8 head with the Z6 intake manifold.
Posted Image

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
So, the Y8 is a better motor, but how much of a headache difference is there between OBD-0 (D16A6) vs OBD-1 (D16Z6) vs OBD-2 (D16Y8)?

Chris

C8V6C

That's good news, I am sure there are plenty of people that will pick this up after a while

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg