1980 Cvcc Civic B16 Swap 90% Done

• You cannot reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1980 civic B16vtec
here is what ive done 1980 cvcc civic 2nd gen ---- with B16 SIR motor swap 90 % done with the help of the 1st gen CRX parts tell me what you think

I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
nice looks good, you got any close ups of the mounts.

I helped a friend swap a 86 LXi A20 into a 82 CVCC
Posted Image

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
more on the mounts i did.
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/cvccricebaby/100_0442.jpg[/img

I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
sleeper????
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
here is the last of the mount in the front looked like crap at first looks better now

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i had it for a year i was ganna go ZC but taxes came back good so i got the B16 SIR and i worked my but off for 1 1/2 months now i have the wiring off the 90 civic all of it and ran it to the stock 80 cvcc dash and used the 88 SI speed sensor in the stock cluster i got a 6 puc clutch kit , poly mount from the 88-91 civic swap kit, and the axles were done for me cut and resplined i can't wait tell i start it im trying to this week end and im goint to post a vid when i start it up and drive.

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
that is freaking awsome!! we have no reason to bitch about swaping a b series in a 1st or 3rd gen...i mean look what you had to go through to get that thing in there laugh.gif

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (fritt @ Mar 7 2007, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is freaking awsome!! we have no reason to bitch about swaping a b series in a 1st or 3rd gen...i mean look what you had to go through to get that thing in there laugh.gif
i wanted to do something diff. lol i had to stop working cuz i passed out i didnt drink enough water. all CRX and civics all gens are sweet to build. the work of putting the motor in was easy. i had to do reasurch on all the civics to do this swap.

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I have more pics of every thing i did ( wiring-axles-exe.. like 500 + pics lol wanna see more let me know. ill post more this weekend of the new stuff. thanks guys for the good coments. biggrin.gif

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
ya more pics would be sweet
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
looks realy great man, should be fun
Posted Image

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
more pics .. the wiring harness is ran and some of the plugs are pluged in the stock sens,and dash cluster.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
man that thing is going to kick some ass wink.gif do you have any pics of the hole car ???? and that front mount kinda scares me unsure.gif oh wait never mind you have a second peice of steel there . so how hard was it to square up that motor and set the height it sits at ???? or did you just eye ball it and hope for the best ??? (most likely what would have done rolleyes.gif )

good luck cant wait to see more

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Mar 7 2007, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man that thing is going to kick some ass wink.gif do you have any pics of the hole car ???? and that front mount kinda scares me unsure.gif oh wait never mind you have a second peice of steel there . so how hard was it to square up that motor and set the height it sits at ???? or did you just eye ball it and hope for the best ??? (most likely what would have done rolleyes.gif )

good luck cant wait to see more

Well, it was a pain in the butt. I had to pull the motor and trans out at least 11 times to get it right. I had used a laser level to make sure the motor was "sitting pretty" in the engine bay. But for the most part I measured like 50 times and cut and welded once. biggrin.gif I have also cheated with cramming motors that don't belong in a car to a buddy of mine ( 88 civic with b16) and as well as my sister-in laws ( 84 civic with 90 SI motor). THE NUMBER 1 RULE TO REMEMBER, BEFORE YOU WELD THE MOUNTS IN THE CAR. PUT THE MOTOR AND TRANS IN WITH THE AXELS IN AND MEASURE FIRST.