Seat Upholstry Options

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
yea thats what i was going for. after a volunteering of services like that, every swinging dick ususally comes out of the woodwork and asks for something. like i plan to do when you get started. your in georgia so it will be cheaper to ship to than wolf out in california

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
yeah like this one hehe

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
only if your really talented. hows those seats coming?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Mar 17 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only if your really talented. hows those seats coming?
scott

laugh.gif with practice im sure i could master it wink.gif tongue.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
well, i was gonna check out the fabric section at walmart for the center, i already have black cordura for the outer, but apparently walmart doent have fabric anymore.... buttholes.... so im waiting till i drive by a textile shop someday and find the fabric i need for the inners....i recovered my stock sunvisors in black cordura.... those things are kinda awkward. and i didnt leave the hole between the bead and the visor, so they pop out of the clip when you pull them down.... the look so much better than that vinyl shit though!
grimms mom

Sgt. Pepper

Got an estimate on reupholstering my DelSol seats, headliner and visors. Without choosing the most expensive material or doing anything funky, the total (ballpark) estmate was $1500. The breakdown is $1000 for the seats and $500 for the headliner and visors. Now I know stuff like this ain't cheap and you get what you pay for, but I was hoping to be around $1000 or less. Still have a few more places to check out before I decide where to go. $1500 is twice what the car cost me. blink.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That's outrageous, thats the price I would give you in leather. $500. for a headliner and visors, I can only see that if they are removing the headliner from the car themselves(lots of plastic to remove and install) and re installing it. $1000 fo del sol seats is crazy, at the most I would charge $250 per seat labor +material and a real good hide of leather would run $500 retail and that would do both seats.

What I think would be fair for a shop to charge you:

100 labor for the headliner (without sunroof and you removing it from the car))
40 labor for the visors
200 labor per seat

? for the fabric

A really high end auto shop that does lots of street rods and show cars I would expect double that.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
wow, i cant believe this topic is still thriving..... i've currently given up (not completely) but i am looking into either old school gli recaro trophy (gen correct) or new recaro speed (nice) and fabbing brackets, but i never got around to doing my seats, and im not sure if they are worth it
grimms mom

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 7 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got an estimate on reupholstering my DelSol seats, headliner and visors. Without choosing the most expensive material or doing anything funky, the total (ballpark) estmate was $1500

sell those and buy s2k seats (you know you want to) wink.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

Sgt. Pepper

Not gonna happen, I love my DelSol seats and already have $150 into them + my custom brackets. I'll get a few more quotes this week.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

Okay, the first quote was $1500 to do the seats, headliner and visors. ohmy.gif

Second place wanted $800+ to do everything everything. blink.gif (no red stitching on the seats)

Third place wouldn't touch the visors, wanted $800 for the seats and $120 for the headliner. huh.gif

Last place wants $500-$600 to do everything...and it will be ready by the end of the week. biggrin.gif They are going to french stitch the seats with red thread and match the visors.

Sorry guys, but the red "DelSol" stripe is gone. Seats will be black cloth (front and back) with the red stitching. wink.gif

Sarge is a happy guy!!! laugh.gif

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 8 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last place wants $500-$600 to do everything...and it will be ready by the end of the week. biggrin.gif They are going to french stitch the seats with red thread and match the visors.

Sorry guys, but the red "DelSol" stripe is gone. Seats will be black cloth (front and back) with the red stitching. wink.gif

Sarge is a happy guy!!! laugh.gif

Make sure to get pictures when they are done, I want to see how they look smile.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Front:

Back:

Stitching:

We even matched the door panels with the seat material:

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
i didnt know del sols came in type r form blink.gif kekekkekekekke ph34r.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

they look really hot....but i have to stick with my suggestions...s2k seats ftw rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

Czezcho

• Turbo d16a1 in progress....
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda 1g/3g Gti or Si with turbo in progress
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Damn, those look great. My wife's parent's are professional (even they have master-degree in upholstery, only ten people in Finland have that high grade).
I show these picture's to they and they say, that they are very well made!!
Increadible!!!

J-P
J-P

Civic dont't go fast, it's flying low...