• You cannot reply to this topic
61 replies to this topic

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
dude dont be scared to cut your springs as long as you adjust your panhard rod to keep your allignment good smile.gif.

i cut 2 coils on my Si, with 15x7 wheels before i did my panhard it rubbed around corners on the inner fender well because of the panhard but i had no issues with anything else.

you went through alot of crap to cut your springs dude... if your unsure or wonder why somethings not going smoothly just ask wink.gif.

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
Ok, I know I never gave a follow-up but that's cause my car never settled. Went to the junkyard recently and got teg springs, cut 2 coils off them, then the motor got a knock so when I get the car figured out I'll finish up with how things went.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

3rdgensi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 civic si and 97 4door cavalier
forget reindexing lol i lowered my torsion bars untill the stud was halfway out of the nut(don't worry i do this for a living) i think there may be 2 threads holding the nut on still but hey i got the front slammed. it lowered it about 2 1/2 inches and there is a fender gap of about 1/8 of an inch. it looks mean as hell.

3rdgensi

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 civic si and 97 4door cavalier
now i just gotta take care of the back. i think i'm just going to go the lame ass acetylene torch method. hey it works wink.gif

sphinxmunkey

• for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 mustang 5.0
my brain is fried... i hope you are all kidding.

cutting springs? what are lowering springs, 20 bux used??

wow.

Oh and FYI cutting your springs generally results in poor handling and a bouncier ride... not to mention if you cut off too much thats not 'dead' then it will be likely to slip out of it's little cup and fudge yo shiz up bra hahaha, anyway

GO for it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

*cough*(silly ricers)*cough* hahaha

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (sphinxmunkey @ Feb 20 2006, 09:21 PM)
my brain is fried... i hope you are all kidding.

cutting springs? what are lowering springs, 20 bux used??

wow.

Oh and FYI cutting your springs generally results in poor handling and a bouncier ride... not to mention if you cut off too much thats not 'dead' then it will be likely to slip out of it's little cup and fudge yo shiz up bra hahaha, anyway

GO for it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

*cough*(silly ricers)*cough* hahaha

welcome to last year tongue.gif.

sphinxmunkey

• for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 mustang 5.0
lmao, i dunno, it was at the top? hahaha

haha wow... anyway biggrin.gif

pynikalAK

• ||-||(())||\||||))//-\\
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic sedan, 1993 civic coupe ex, 06 scion xb (FS)
QUOTE (3rdgensi @ Oct 30 2005, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
forget reindexing lol i lowered my torsion bars untill the stud was halfway out of the nut(don't worry i do this for a living) i think there may be 2 threads holding the nut on still but hey i got the front slammed. it lowered it about 2 1/2 inches and there is a fender gap of about 1/8 of an inch. it looks mean as hell.

does the front bottm out at all????
The replacement for displacement is technology.
user posted image

||-|| (()) ||\|| ||)) //-\\

dirtyass1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86' civic hatch si and a 03 miata
cutting springs? how do you like the bounce? i put springs off of a 02' civic si hatch in the back of mine and not only did it drop two inches, rides great, they were free because my friend put a drop kit on his car and didnt need the rear springs. im not trying to be an ass.....but if you are still cuttting springs....you need to fix your out look on the right way to drop a car.

dirtyass1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (pynikalAK @ Feb 25 2007, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does the front bottm out at all????

thats.......some dumb advice.....two threads? you do know we are talking about the back of the damn car dont you? you will never touch my stuff with those lincon tech skills......

87crxdx

cutting springs is not a problem if you do it properly and he had integra springs so he had no choice to cut them since they are longer then the stock springs.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (dirtyass1 @ Jul 19 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats.......some dumb advice.....two threads? you do know we are talking about the back of the damn car dont you? you will never touch my stuff with those lincon tech skills......

lol buddy you have to chill ,snaping at a guy that hasent posted that since 2005 laugh.gif and really you were talking with yourself tongue.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

dirtyass1

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
the right way to cut springs.......you cant teach anyone who knows everything...anything.you cut your springs....ill get the right size. you got l.t.s. also.

and the dude below shut up.....ill argue with myself for a week and still wont be as dumb as you. you dont need to stick up for you boyfriend.

you guys know sooooooo much about cars ....tell me this...without looking it up....if i shoot 50 lb\an hour nitrous(50 hp) how many degrees do i need to move the ignition timing, during spray, and which way....advanced or retarded....like you. AND what size should the fuel nozzle be in relation to the gas??

TheOdditie

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 91 Civic Hatch(b18a1), 91 Civic hatch(d16z6)
Mmmm....Close-minded NOS junkie.

I thought the 4th gen civic forums I was on was full of great information, and had some people who knew what they were doing. Then I found this place, most people who are still messing with this old of a car are genius to come up with some of the things you guys come up. If someone wants to come in here and try to insult most of your intelligence, it only hurts them.

Granted, yes there is easier ways to drop your struts, but if the bolt is stuck like someone mentioned, yes this is a great way to do it. The main time you get a bouncy ride from cutting springs is if you use a cutting torch on it, there are ways to cut the spring without heating it too much.
Tony

DarkHand

QUOTE (dirtyass1 @ Jul 20 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the right way to cut springs.......you cant teach anyone who knows everything...anything.you cut your springs....ill get the right size. you got l.t.s. also.
and the dude below shut up.....ill argue with myself for a week and still wont be as dumb as you. you dont need to stick up for you boyfriend.

you guys know sooooooo much about cars ....tell me this...without looking it up....if i shoot 50 lb\an hour nitrous(50 hp) how many degrees do i need to move the ignition timing, during spray, and which way....advanced or retarded....like you. AND what size should the fuel nozzle be in relation to the gas??

I think you made a wrong turn down the intertubes. Honda-tech is that-a-way.

Edited by DarkHand, 20 July 2007 - 12:48 PM.

DarkHand