Hey Do You Get The Wire Harness Around The Column

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

quick87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 89 rs camaro, 95 neon
I'm taking out my si total harness. How should I get that bad boy around the column? Were having trouble.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Your talking about the small space above the steering column, right?

I did this once on a junkyard car. Just pull the harness through little by little and work one connector through at a time.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

toxicshit

take the pedal box out wink.gif just takes 4 screws and you can take it loose without problems.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
there are four bolts for the colum...... 4! stop being lazy and uscrew them. don't unscrew the coloum from the streering rack. just undo the 4 bolts.. hang it down. and there you go all the rooom you need....

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i just took the pedals out and it made it sooooooooo much easier.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

a gasolina y que

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 94 integra-85 civic hach
hey does any body have a diagram of a 85 hach dx i just put in a wireharness that came with a pm5 acording to specs it from an 88-91 dx it came with the resister box and the 4 injectors even thou im not sure itll work i want to know if i could modify the harness to use my original taillights harness cause they gave me this one and i need the piece to the tail lights... and and the one that goes to the steering colum all the plugs are difrent to the (swich;signal;hazard;sand lights) sow i need some help here and if any body has done this mod ;im going ls vtec sow any help is great...

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (a gasolina y que @ Oct 7 2005, 07:32 PM)
hey does any body have a diagram of a 85 hach dx i just put in a wireharness that came with a pm5 acording to specs it from an 88-91 dx it came with the resister box and the 4 injectors even thou im not sure itll work i want to know if i could modify the harness to use my original taillights harness cause they gave me this one and i need the piece to the tail lights... and and the one that goes to the steering colum all the plugs are difrent to the (swich;signal;hazard;sand lights) sow i need some help here and if any body has done this mod ;im going ls vtec sow any help is great...

if your going to run lsvtec why are you using a dx harness? it would be easier to run an si or hf harness since they are already mpfi.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

a gasolina y que

• Granny
  • Pip
i forgot to mention my 85 hach was carb. and anybody could pm me with some info or let me know wich complete harness would work for my ls vtec set up i know its been done and if anybody has done it out here in the orlando fl. area pm me ok...

a gasolina y que

• Granny
  • Pip
hey jeff440 i really dont know whats it from i just saw the 4 ijectors harness piece hoocked up to it and thought it would work cause the guy that gave it to me gave me the intake manifold with it and he had a 88 or 89 civic with the duaport carb in it but he sold the civic and gave me the harness and i forgot to ask him what it was from and havent seen him in over 2 months sow i really dont know cause according to some info i got pm5 is from 88-91 civic/crx dx ...

quick87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 89 rs camaro, 95 neon
cool thanks