My 3g K20 Civic

• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
I fully understand the slogan now. . . HONDA. . .The power of dreams.

user posted image

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Very nice! Clean, uncluttered engine bay. I like the wheels on it, but I also agree some stock Honda wheels would truly shock some unsuspecting motorists.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Aug 30 2006, 03:14 PM)
yeah that K20 sits pretty low in there, the k20 second gen we saw at crx-po the engine was high and they had to use a JDM hood and cut it at that... so I bet that thing is hanging lowwwww.. how much would you charge to do this swap in someones car??LOL??hmmmm...

I'm not sure who has more hood room. This B20Z swap I read about into a 4G Civic said that the expansion camber on the intake didn't fit, but it fits in my 3G Civic. It may have more to do with the mount kit/angle of the engine though, I'm not at all familar with 4Gs though.

GnJracing

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 3g K20a Civic
Thanks for the replys guys... never really thought about lowering the car as the suspension is already set up for drag racing.
Another factor is that we run 13-14inch rims at the track and the oil pan does sit very low (3-4inches).

The only reason we put the 16's on is for the mag (Zoom Magazine) and even then I was tempted to leave the 14inch mx5 rims. Really built to be a sleeper..

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
That is a beautiful ride the way it sits....Bro you are one of my heros for that thing...You need to do a write up unlocking the k20 swap mystery...will u?
and yu think yu could take brymans ride?????you all should call pinks....lol TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
Very nice.
What kind of dyno #'s are you putting down?
1/4 mile times?

K20+1Gcrx or 3Gcivic=hawtness

bryman<-----waiting for him to turbocharge it biggrin.gif
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
that thing is a problem,,,id take the stickers off and put some steelies on it haha no one would suspect ANYTHING,,,eather way i have the upmost respect for you and your car, after i did a k20 in a EG i could just imagine that swap....props man have fun in that thing,,,,plus the body is 100% mint! props!!! contribute a write-up!! laugh.gif

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
writeup is already done fore the 4th time, search it , Im not sure if its under swap or projects..prolly swaps...
badass car and bump for MORE PICS!!!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Kurt

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Looking good, would like to see this car run. I am allso from Australia and take my 84 civic to the drags now and then.

Where do you run the car ?

What issue of zoom mag is your car in?

Keep up the good work,

Kurt

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
Post the pics you had from your build too, those are fresh! We need track times and a write up too! For reals no slackin do the write so we can be eduacted! LOOK HOW LOUD IM TELLIN YOU!

user posted image

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
People, if you simply click on his user name, you will see in his profile a search feature to all of the post he ever made. Take your pick.

Edited by CRXfanatic, 08 September 2006 - 06:48 AM.

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

twilightprotege

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Ballade Sports 1.5i
    • Image Gallery
hope the car gets fixed (again) in time for jamboree!

for those that are unaware, Jamboree is the biggest sport compact drag meet in australia each year. this is the 16th annual event. check out www.sportcompact.net.au for details.

Jason and Glenn, you can lower the ride height for racing. the car only needs to have a clearance of 3" in front of the front wheels...unless the oilpan sits out in front of the front wheels???
EW5 (1.5i) - 83whp (Open exhaust, pod air filter). 16.329 1/4 mile with no interior and a very badly slipping clutch....well not for too much longer ;)

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (bobdragster @ Sep 10 2006, 11:45 AM)
WHERE IS THE HOOD?

I hate when people take the hood off. It makes the car look like poop.
I hate the wheels. I hate the big stickers.
BUT, other than that you've got a really nice clean car. The engine bay is extremely clean, thats one of my favorite things about the car.

no man im sorry, but why are you hating on his car, his hood is off for a mag shoot, and the wheels are also for it, maybe you should read the whole thing instead of just looking at the pics. that is a bad ass car right there and it looks freakin great.

GODD JOB MAN!!!!!!!

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
QUOTE (bobdragster @ Sep 10 2006, 11:45 AM)
WHERE IS THE HOOD?

I hate when people take the hood off. It makes the car look like poop.
I hate the wheels. I hate the big stickers.
BUT, other than that you've got a really nice clean car. The engine bay is extremely clean, thats one of my favorite things about the car.

ur an ignorant guy, i wanna see you do a k20 swap in a 3g, then, run your mouth, but for now keep your mouth shut because u have no idea what ur talking about.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DSK 86CRX @ Sep 10 2006, 12:23 PM)
no man im sorry, but why are you hating on his car, his hood is off for a mag shoot, and the wheels are also for it, maybe you should read the whole thing instead of just looking at the pics. that is a bad ass car right there and it looks freakin great.

GODD JOB MAN!!!!!!!

QUOTE (tegrolla666 @ Sep 12 2006, 09:40 AM)
ur an ignorant guy, i wanna see you do a k20 swap in a 3g, then, run your mouth, but for now keep your mouth shut because u have no idea what ur talking about.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif please tell me you guys arent going to get into this nonsense
regardless of the boneheadeness of any member... try to keep this jounk out of sight guys!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.